[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your policy on keeping books? Do you keep every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

What's your policy on keeping books?

Do you keep every book you've ever read? Or do you give them away?

I'm like to have as few personal possesions as possible, so I'm currently throwing away every book I think I will never read again. Seems selfish to hoard them when someone else might be reading it.
>>
>>9844413
I keep em, usually.
>>
>Unread, and want to read eventually = keep.
>Read but the book was really good and/or I want to read it again in the future = keep.
>The book was shit = get rid of it.
>The book was bad/shit/dropped, but it is some high brow canonical work of lit or philosophy = keep it just cause.
>>
>>9844413
I abhor excess data and delete every single book the very moment I reach the last word. In fact, I prefer to run the risk of missing the conclusion, author's reedition remarks, last chapter, or epilogue, to wasting energy on the first page of the Bibliography section, or the end mark of those Project Gutenberg books, and so I delete them outright whenever I reach the end of a page and the counter indicates 97% progress or more.
>>
>>9844413
>give them away?
Impossible. Everything is my property.
>>
Unless I hate the book I generally keep them but go through them a few times a year for a cull.
>>
>>9844413
I keep mine. When writing papers I enjoy taking from physical books and making notes within them.
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>9844413
>I'm like to have
>>
>>9844413
I only keep a book if I really like it or love it. I donate books to the Little Free Library so that sneaky weirdos can take them and sell them on eBay or whatever. The end result is that my library is mostly books I have not yet read.
>>
>>9844413
I saw a list of his books someplace. Say what you will about the man but definitely an interesting fellow nonetheless.
>>
File: BlackFullyFashioned.jpg (46KB, 615x348px) Image search: [Google]
BlackFullyFashioned.jpg
46KB, 615x348px
>>9844413
i give away most of my books but that still means i keep a lot. but then if anyone comes round and wants them, they can have them. this does mean that at any time most of the books i own are unread.

i have some of those vertical bookcases like hitchens has got in that pic. unfortunately they don't make the same ones any more and they are difficult to find and expensive. there are other similar ones but if i bought them it would mean i would have unmatched bookcases. life is suffering.

pic unrelated
>>
>>9844413
If I'm sure I'll never read it again, yeah I get rid of it. Usually donate them.
>>
>>9844436
Pretty much this. Sometimes I struggle throwing away the shitty books because they still cost me money. If anyone ever asks about those ones I just say that one is my wife's.
>>
>>9844413
I am a book hoarder. I buy books and read them eventualy, but those with I just don't like or don't realy care, I give away.
I keep all the books I can, that's why my room don't have any space anymore... And I keep buying more...
I don't say I go to extremes...But I am my room has a place where there is just books I am still to start reading.
>>
>>9844413
How cum his stack is so high? Did he never have angry sex with this wife in the next room?
>>
I usually buy from a second hand bookshop. For every 10 books I buy I usually sell back 3 or 4.
>>
>>9847014
I'm trying to figure out how to get into a bigger place where I can properly keep my library in check and still have room to study and write.
>>
>>9844413
I delete it
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.