[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here write on a typewriter? I could use some advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1486277009410.jpg (79KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1486277009410.jpg
79KB, 1920x1080px
Does anyone here write on a typewriter?

I could use some advice on basic formatting, specifically how to deal with words that are not fully written after the DING. Do I just drop down a dash and continue on to the next line? It looks awkward sometimes that way. If I keep track of how much space I have left, the sometimes the line won't end fully and look off in the bigger picture.

Would appreciate any general advice about the typewriter also
>>
>>9843414
use a digital word processor.
>>
>>9843417
Still waiting for the day that someone gets a simple answer to what he is actually asking instead of some smart-alecky cunt forcing his opinion on him.
>>
>>9843414
my general advice is kys
>>
>>9843414
I write on my smartphone like any self respecting person. Stop being a faggot LARPer
>>
>>9843473
this
>>
Pseud movie
Pseud aspirations
>>
File: tpkUb52.jpg (24KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
tpkUb52.jpg
24KB, 500x371px
Why is everyone so sensitive over a typewriter? It's a pleasant activity and you also get your writing done. It sounds nice too.
>>
>>9843524
because typewriters are expensive and unnecessary lol. you can buy an ibm keyboard if you like tactile feedback and download a free text editor with sound effects if that's what you're into
I don't really care either way but I mean, it's a money investment
>>
>>9843524
Its the /lit/ fedora
>>
>>9843533
That's a lot of assumptions unrelated to the topic or the questions. If you have to know, I got my typewriter for free, as one of my jobs had a bunch of old ones for the taking, left over from the soviet days of the company. But did you really have to know?
>>
i wouldn't worry about it because a typewritten manuscript is never the final
>>
AFAIK typewriters are monospaced, so you should be aware when you're hitting the margin as it's clearly marked anyway.
Old ones didn't have rulers, but you can always guess or mark where the end margin is.
New ones do have rulers, so you'd be dumb to not use them to use them.

I don't use them at all but I learned to type on them when I was a kid.
Also, you're allowed to use tools with it you know?
Carbon copy paper, white out, and even a fucking pen to correct and put marks, like the dash for example.

Don't get caught in the nostalgia so much that you think of using it poorly just to keep with the "feel".
Kinda like new kids to analog photography that don't know that we in fact did manipulate stuff afterwards like in photoshop today.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.