[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Almost done this book and.... i dont know what the fuss is all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: P&P.jpg (24KB, 423x630px) Image search: [Google]
P&P.jpg
24KB, 423x630px
Almost done this book and.... i dont know what the fuss is all about. Can someone explain why P&P is considered a classic. I've also read Sense and Sensibility, and still feel like i've missed what makes Austen such a great writer
>>
>>9841384
She's had a great sense of humor. I don't think very many writers at the time wrote about rather average women (in terms of social standing and looks). Decent satire of the social milieu of her time
>>
>>9841400
but why has her status stuck around, when other female writers have taken a back seat
take Helen Hunt Jackson for example
>>
Read Mansfield Park, you pleb.
>>
>>9841554
Because Austen's a better writer.

Also >>9841563
>>
>>9841569
>>9841563
Ok F A M
what do you think of P&P/ S&S?
>>
>>9841384
>We're only getting married if you're rich and not a shitlord
There, you just read every Jane Austen novel.
>>
>>9841384

She's objectively important to the history of the novel through her realism and use of free indirect speech. She wrote about a very privileged closed set of society, but she stretched the limits of what could be done in that setting. She's a fine creator of characters and has a great sense of irony while letting the emotional currents of her stories resonate.

Also, like Shakespeare, she's one of those authors where people read whatever political or social messages they want, so the academics will certainly keep her work alive if the general public stops enjoying them.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.