[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so, have we decided what the best career for a literary man is,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

so, have we decided what the best career for a literary man is, until he publishes a novel/has enough money to devote himself entirely to art? Something low stress, that pays decently and still leaves enough time and energy to read and write on the side
>>
dentist
>>
Retail
>>
look, just drop the act, we're all hopeless neets and will continue to be so.
>>
>>9840844
let me believe anon
>>
>>9840834
University professor.
>>
Neet
>>
Besides those already mentioned, I feel like a dead-end government job is a good position for a writer. Something with no supervision, very little actual work, and hours of essentially free time. Something that lets the mind wander.
>>
I'd say multiple part time jobs are the way to go. 8 hours of the same thing every day would shut my creativity off.
>>
>>9840834
its not pleasant but i work as a dishwasher. 8 hours a day with an audiobook in my earphones and i can listen to a book a day on top of my regular reading. I listened to the Monadology and Hume's Dialogues concerning human understanding last week, getting home reading kant's critique of pure reason was a breeze. So I guess in terms of preparing for the future while im stuck here i could do worst
>>
>>9841120
Yeah I do the same but I'm working in an assembling line a twice the minimum wage. Very boring job but I can listen to audio books. Actually listened to the whole Bible in 6 days last week. I could never have read it that fast otherwise and it opened a lot of lit for me.
>>
Evictor. I work for a debt collection avency outside of Portland that also has an apartment eviction department and it's the best job I've had despite the shit pay, $11/hr. Get in a van at 8 AM drive two hours through traffic, reading time, evict some poor shlub for half an hour, getting paid to workout, drive another half an hour to the next apartment and repeat until 3 PM.
>>
>>9841120
You probably have a master's degree, don't you.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.