[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I'm bored with a book is it wrong to quit reading it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: books.jpg (80KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
books.jpg
80KB, 660x440px
If I'm bored with a book is it wrong to quit reading it halfway through or should I force myself to finish it?
>>
>>9840118
I quitted a book after like, 30 pages of how boring it was.
Luckly it was cheap.
The book is yours, you can do whatever you want.
And maybe you may come back in the future to read it.
No rushes
>>
>>9840118
Life is short. If you manage to read 100 books a year for the next 60 years, thats 6000 books. It is reasonable to assume about 2 million books are published each year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Books_published_per_country_per_year

Why would you waste your time on one of the literally millions of bad ones.
>>
>>9840118
Force yourself. You won't regret it I think.
>>
>>9840173
unless you are in school or just want to read a book for dick waving points why suffer though a shit book
>>
>>9840158
>I quitted a book
Read more.
>>
>>9840513
I read a lot. I just give up on the ones that are unsuferable.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escalation_of_commitment
>>
>>9840520
>Grammar
>>
>>9840118
I give a hundred pages to give it a fair shot. So far the only books I've ever quit were fiction.
>>
>>9840995
English isent my primary laugague.
My english is rusty, and if you are able to understand the message, well shit, stop complaining.
>>
File: 1435816959912.jpg (9KB, 191x263px) Image search: [Google]
1435816959912.jpg
9KB, 191x263px
I don't read something unless I see it discussed on /lit/ so I never have this problem. Also,
>reading for entertainment
>>
>>9840118
i read for pleasure, so yeah, if i think a book its boring i quit for a while and try it later, thats why i try to buy books on the generes i know id like
>>
Read until you understand where a book is coming from. Like if you drop Monte Cristo halfway through cause you're bored it's no problem since theres nothing more to it but the revenge which you're already fully aware of going into it. However you can't really drop The Brothers Karamazov halfway through because there's so much in there that you won't really have a good idea of the text until you finish it.
>>
File: shiggy diggy alt.png (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy diggy alt.png
2MB, 1024x768px
>>9842648
>lol just read the wikipedia summary
>>
>>9840520
>unsuferable
Read more
>>
>>9840508
He didn't say it was bad though, he just said it was boring, which could either mean that it's bad or that he doesn't understand it.
>>
>>9840118
Do what you want.
>>
>>9842438
Alright fair enough, still read more though
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.