[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That was a lot better than Slaughterhouse 5 imo. Maybe the perfect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 4980.jpg (20KB, 314x475px) Image search: [Google]
4980.jpg
20KB, 314x475px
That was a lot better than Slaughterhouse 5 imo. Maybe the perfect post-modern novel. Are his other works similar to this? I've only read the two.
>>
>>9839390
It's a ride, isn't it?
>>
I have a copy of Hocus Pocus but after reading Slaughter house V I am reconsidering even giving it a try.
Has anyone here read it and can give me advice?
>>
>>9839412
Yea, it was a great. Surprisingly a real page-turner.
>>
>>9839440
did you not like slaughterhouse V?
>>
>>9839458
No.
There was nothing to it that would make me even understand any of the prestige and recognition it has.
I sort of had the worng idea going into it, believing it would be more factual about Dresden itself, but that must have been part of Kurt's thinking when writing the book to go against that common mindset (to my understanding at least).
But the alien fantasy, awkward (it wasn't funny to me) frontline story and capture seemed very childish and not producing the image, meaning, thought provoking sequences or w/e to make this anything but dull unfunny rambling.
>>
>>9839503
ok, you won't like his other books then, they're all of a similar tone.
>>
>>9839390
I agree Breakfast of Champions is a lot better than slaughterhouse 5. Don't understand how Vonnegut rates it a C.
I don't think I'd call it perfect though.
>>
>>9839572
True. I don't really mean perfect in the sense of a perfect novel, I mean more a perfect example of post-modernism done well.
>>
>the perfect post modernist novel
so is pure trash
>>
Galapagos is my favorite Vonnegut
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.