[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come most people feel that the Odyssey is better, and a more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1492436559177.jpg (92KB, 462x429px) Image search: [Google]
1492436559177.jpg
92KB, 462x429px
How come most people feel that the Odyssey is better, and a more influential work than the Iliad? It's a more traditional story, but I feel the themes in the Iliad are much more far-reaching and wide compared to those in the Odyssey. Both books are absolutely brilliant, but I firmly feel that The Iliad > The Odyssey.
>>
>>9837255
>How come most people feel that the Odyssey is better, and a more influential work than the Iliad?
Only /lit/ hipsters think this. There is a reason there are 10 Iliad quotes for every Odyssey quotes in Plato and Aristotle.
>>
odyssey is very womanly and /lit/ is full of fucking PUSSIES who dont get fully erect when diomedes wounds BOTH aphrodite and ares
>>
>>9837389
/
>>
>>9837255
The Odyssey is more immediately appealing to the casual reader because its narrative is more fanciful and flows more naturally.
>>
i started reading the odyssey today, i hope it blows me away just like the iliad

>>9837406
and his speach after wounding aphrodite is so cool
>>
>>9837457
This.

I remember reading it the first time and thinking what a drag it was, because it felt like nothing was happening. The Greeks were camped out in their little war fort, the Trojans were sitting tight in their city, and Achilles of the (goddamned) swift feet was being a whiny little bitch in his boat for what seemed like the whole book, until the end where things got real all of the sudden.
Reviewing the book, I realized that there was actual stuff going down during the calm before the storm.

In The Odyssey, all the actions had almost immediate reactions, with acts of heroism, ingenuity, and tact sprinkled throughout.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.