[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just did some reorganizing. R8 my shelf. Off to the side I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: vMlywjU.jpg (800KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
vMlywjU.jpg
800KB, 3024x4032px
Just did some reorganizing. R8 my shelf. Off to the side I have Gravity's rainbow and Theodore Rex. On deck is Napoleon by Andrew Roberts.
>>
Literary equivalent of "dressed by the internet"
>>
>>9833822
Missing Lolita/10
>>
>>9833822
>Fukuyama and Huntington
Nice, my dude.
>>
>>9833849
I've read the fukuyama before but not the Huntington. thought the idea for the book was interesting
>>
>>9833822
>Leaves of Grass.
The imagery of trains make my dick hard.
>>
>>9833857
I've read a bit of the first Fukuyama and don't have the second one yet. I might have Clash of Civilisations somewhere in my collection but still haven't read it either.
>>
File: 1407186850382.gif (436KB, 2950x2365px) Image search: [Google]
1407186850382.gif
436KB, 2950x2365px
>>9833857

For better or worse he's one of the most influential scholars in the States.
>>
>>9833822
everything above the first shelf can go into the trash/10
>>
>>9834095
Nice image. Source? I've seen it before.
>>
>>9834105
Some of the bottom shelf can go as well
>>
>>9833822
How is that book Sapiens by Yuval? I have it on order but it won't arrive for a couple weeks.
>>
>>9833822
This is maybe against the point but why horizontally stack your books. Just makes getting something from the middle or bottom harder. Also get The Recognitions
>>
>>9833822
why are you worried about impressing the girl that will never come back to your place
>>
>>9833822
I like it.
>>
>>9837035
Written by a non-white, so avoid.
>>
>>9837035
>Harari cites Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs, and Steel (1997) as one of the greatest inspirations.

>Harari met his husband Itzik Yahav in 2002.[15] Because one cannot get married in Israel except in religious ceremonies and no officially recognized religion in Israel allow same-sex marriages, they married in Toronto in Canada.[16] The couple lives in moshav (a type of cooperative agricultural community of individual farms) Mesilat Zion near Jerusalem.[17][18][19]

>Harari says Vipassana meditation, which he began whilst in Oxford in 2000,[20] has "transformed my life".[21] He practises for two hours every day (one hour at the start and end of his work day[22]), every year undertakes a meditation retreat of 30 days or longer, in silence and with no books or social media,[23][24][11] and is an assistant meditation teacher.[25] He dedicated Homo Deus to "my teacher, S. N. Goenka, who lovingly taught me important things," and said "I could not have written this book without the focus, peace and insight gained from practising Vipassana for fifteen years."[26] He also regards meditation as a way to research.[11]

>Harari is a vegan, and says this resulted from his research, including his view that the foundation of the dairy industry is the breaking of the bond between mother and calf cows.[2][27] He walks his dog (a large mongrel from the streets) in woods for an hour every day when he has time.[28] Harari does not have a smart phone.[29]

Do you want a scientific book written by people like this?
>>
>>9838410
HAHAHA this is the most kikey scheister yet, now I'm interested to see what his angle is more than I am the content.
>>
>>9833822
Why Theodore Rex but no Rise of Theodore Roosevelt or Colonel Roosevelt?
>>
>>9833822

i don't get these posts.. someone who has been reading for years to get to these books would have to have a much more expansive bookshelf.. just counting the /lit/-core books I have, my shelf is a bit more larger. do you guys pre-arrange a specific set of books just for shills on 4chan? I had stop buying physical books just because its a major hassle if I have to relocate and I don't want to end up with a "personal library room"...
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.