[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>German "Literature" I've worked with a few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 61OKCMF--7L.jpg (120KB, 753x1163px) Image search: [Google]
61OKCMF--7L.jpg
120KB, 753x1163px
>German "Literature"

I've worked with a few Germans before and they just seem like humanoid robots. They would go into work 30-60 minutes early, take quick lunch breaks, and have no problem working overtime if needed. A strange breed of people. Anyway, this guy says Heinrich Von Kliest was his favorite author so I gave it a read.

It's exactly what you would expect some AI to produce if it were tasked with writing some sort of story. So now I'm here to ask you about it...Is this common in German literature? It's not bad by any means, but it feels mechanical and too precise. The portrayal of human emotion just goes from extreme to extreme -- no subtlety.

And tell me what you think about The Marquise of O-- in particular if you've ever read it
>>
sounds right. No fucking humor. But nah. There's some decent books out there, but I couldn't name any off the top of my head. Still, there's a reason why germany used to be lauded for it's writers.
>>
>>9831877
>they just seem like humanoid robots. They would go into work 30-60 minutes early, take quick lunch breaks, and have no problem working overtime if needed.
That'a the Japanese you're thinking about. You lazy fuck.
>>
>>9831877
Frag mich, wie ich weiß, dass du nie einen Deutschen kennengelernt hast.
>>
>>9831885
When going from reading an English written novel to a German one I love the structure sentences finally have again and repetitive but sensical usage of the comma.
>>
>They would go into work 30-60 minutes early, take quick lunch breaks, and have no problem working overtime if needed.

Those are admirable traits though.
>>
>>9832011
It is nice having some sort of order.

You can easily spot a German because a lot of them put a comma before 'that' as if it were a must in English too. For example:
>I have always though, that this is a good song.
>>
I know fuck all about German literature but am currently reading The Magic Mountain and find it both absurdly well-written and genuinely funny.
>>
>>9831877
Haven't read O but have read Michael Kohlhaus in the same edition--really liked it. Degeneration of human society and the obsession with perfecting imperfect justice. What makes a man a hero? To whom? And it incorporated just enough spirituality and divinity to garnish closure with unanswerable Big Questions. Try reading that if you have a chance
>>
All I know is that most Germans are reading absolute trash. Krautchan and threads here have proven that.
>>
File: the lit mountain.png (57KB, 1179x436px) Image search: [Google]
the lit mountain.png
57KB, 1179x436px
>>9832042
>The Magic Mountain
ok who did this
>>
>>9832025
For a slave
>>
>>9832148
HA!
>>
>>9832156
>he thinks not being a slave means being a lazy, inefficient burden to society
>>
>>9831877
>from extreme to extreme -- no subtlety.

What do you expect from the same people who gave us communism, nazi fascism and the protestant reformation?
>>
Who /ein einfacher junger Mensch/ here?
>>
more like dummer junger mensch
>>
File: lajeunemartyre.jpg (408KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
lajeunemartyre.jpg
408KB, 1000x1500px
>>9831877
All that I remember from reading it in school is the dash which signfies the rape scene. It occured to me as a peculiar kind of mastery.
>>
File: 1501028989283.gif (871KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
1501028989283.gif
871KB, 245x230px
>>9831877
>Anglos bitch about other countries literature and humor
>speak the most pathetic indo-european language of them all
Kommt runter von eurem hohen Roß, Angelsachsen!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.