[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have what seems like a decent idea >the more I think about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1430453422386.png (30KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1430453422386.png
30KB, 633x758px
>have what seems like a decent idea
>the more I think about it, the stupider it seems
>>
>>9829694
>Words ruin one's thoughts, paper makes them ridiculous, and even while one is still glad to get something ruined and something ridiculous down on paper, one's memory manages to lose hold of even this ruined and ridiculous something. Paper can turn an enormity into a triviality, an absurdity. If you look at it this way, then whatever appears in the world, by way of the spiritual world so to speak, is always a ruined thing, a ridiculous thing, which means that everything in this world is ridiculous and ruined. Words were made to demean thought, I would even go so far as to state that words exist in order to abolish thought, and one day they will succeed one hundred percent in so doing. In any case, words (are) bringing everything down. Depression derives from words, nothing else.
>>
>>9829694
That makes you smarter than all the idiots who don't realize how stupid their ideas are. It means you can actually tell when you have a good idea.
>>
File: fuck everything.gif (876KB, 230x145px) Image search: [Google]
fuck everything.gif
876KB, 230x145px
>>have what seems like a decent idea
>the more I think about it, the more I realize that it's just a ripoff of an already famous novel
>>
>have stacks of books that give me a sense of intellectual supieriority despite the fact that no one else will see them
> hardly ever read as I can't focus well enough and thus have no drive to read in the first place
teach me how to read pls
>>
>>9829694
> wake up from amazing dream
> manage to write down enough details to be able to remember it all
> over the next three hours it slowly becomes more and more ludicrous
> by midday i've destroyed the notes
> can't get the stupid fucking thing out of my head now
>>
Nothing wrong with writing it anyway. They don't all have to be winners, and the exercise is still worthwhile.
>>
>>9829694
Well? Writing is an art, and what's good don't come easy, derr.
>>
>Have an idea that I'd love to work on because there's nothing much like it, at least done well
>Outline it but come across huge pacing problems, character growth problems, and just general issues with the story not flowing well
>Instead of letting this get to me work harder to make everything flow smoothly
>I find success after rebuilding the outline from the older version that didn't work and start writing the first draft
Good feels, fuck off gains-goblin
>>
>>9829694
Welcome to writing. We are are our own worst critics.

Take, for example, Stephen King's "Carrie". (Before you start implying anything, consider that King is one of the most successful authors of all time). He tossed that in the trash after working on it. It wasn't until his wife found it and read some of it that he completed it. Moral of the story - don't trust your own judgement when it comes to your own work. For that matter, don't trust /lit/ either, unless you just want to hear how shitty your work is, because this board is just a bunch of hateful idiots with little to no actual knowledge of the craft.

Find beta readers, make sure they don't want to coddle you, give them a deadline, give them a questionnaire to fill out after they are done. Take their words to heart, but don't consider them the final authority. They are there to be guides, not your bosses.
>>
I've always been a fan of time travel so I thought about writing a chapter with a time travel factor in it. I started writing it but the more I did the more I started to see how bad an idea it really was. I'm probably going to work on something else for a while before I come back to it.
>>
>>9829694

Really not a bad thing. If you took even a great book page by page you won't find it impressive. Most novels are full of fluff with great ideas somewhere in between.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.