[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does nobody acknowledge that there are infinitely many possible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: thinkingface.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinkingface.png
53KB, 256x256px
Why does nobody acknowledge that there are infinitely many possible philosophical axioms and infinitely many criteria for the judgement of these axioms?

It seems like once you realise this, all philosophical discussions become either laughable speculations about what the "true" definitions of concepts are (when these concepts are obviously arbitrarily defined) or flailing about within the infinitely large space of unfalsifiable* conjectures. And the judgement of these speculations and conjectures is pretty much based on marketing.

I have never seen a worthwhile response to this. Can someone please give me an explanation?

* I mean we can't currently, at this moment, verify these things (e.g., We go to heaven after we die", "Once computers become fast enough, they will gain a consciousness"). And I know that science is merely a subset of philosophy. And I know there isn't an agreed upon scientific method. And I know there isn't an agreed upon definition of verify.
>>
https://warosu.org/lit/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=infinitely+axioms

Kill yourself
>>
There's still something to be gained from the process, are you suggesting we don't even try to understand the world, should we just all spend our time posting on a Mediterranean pole vaulting forum
>>
>>9827404
You are responding to a stale pasta
>>
>>9827382
because. an axiom isn't the whole truth. it's the truth shone upon an field, revealing the reality of a thing.

shining the light of truth upon a thing is all well and good, don't get me wrong. otherwise, how would we get specializations? but the sun is in the ray, however the ray is not the sun. our goal is to look into the sun itself, not merely at the glow of its splendor.

philosophy is only complete when you can conceive of the axiom that is incapable of being parsed into words. that which is beyond language. only then really, can a person come take this light and split it into infinite forms.
>>
>>9827876
you are responding to a stale pasta
>>
File: what did goethe mean by this.jpg (101KB, 640x849px) Image search: [Google]
what did goethe mean by this.jpg
101KB, 640x849px
>>9827876
>the renouncing of life and immediacy, which was the premise for the progress of natural science since newton, formed the real basis for the bitter struggle which goethe waged against the physical optics of newton. it would be superficial to dismiss this struggle as unimportant: there is much significance in one of the most outstanding men directing all his efforts to fighting against the development of newtonian optics. - werner heisenberg

>ywn fully appreciate goethe's theory of color
>y even live
>>
File: 14343.png (4KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
14343.png
4KB, 205x246px
>it's another ''anon thinks he has outsmarted every philosopher who has ever lived'' episode
>>
>le infinite

There is no such thing.
>>
>>9827911
metaphors will always fall short.
>>
File: goethe-colour-theory11.jpg (19KB, 287x300px) Image search: [Google]
goethe-colour-theory11.jpg
19KB, 287x300px
>>9828024
yep

>In 1798/9, Goethe and Schiller created this colour wheel concerning the “allegoric, symbolic, mystic usage of colour”. In his notes, he assigns human characteristics to each colour. He denotes positivity with the warm colours on the right side, and on the left, with negativity. Newton decided only spectral colors could count as fundamental. But Goethe approach allowed him to recognize the essential role of “(nonspectral) magenta in a complete color circle, a role that it still has in all modern colour systems.”

now surely this must be crazy i agree. you're right newton

hang on tho i have like 400k anime films & comics that all subtly imply this shit fuels god only knows how much of the japanese manga/anime economy
>>
How can you know anything? We start life with ignorance of knowing anything, and to know what you don't know you have to know, but how can you ever know what you don't know? You need to know something of what you don't know to know you don't know it. Going from 0 knowledge to n knowledge is a paradox. You can't know what you don't know, and to know won't help to know what you don't know because you already know what you know. And looking at your hand now, you don't know if it's your hand because you never knew it was your hand. There's no way for you to know if that's your hand since you didn't know. What gave you the knowledge that what you're looking at is your hand? Nothing gave you that knowledge because you don't know anything.
>>
>>9828182
>We start life with ignorance of knowing anything
False
>>
>>9829073
What do you know as a zygote?
>>
>>9827382
>>9827382
Lacan did. He was aware of the failings of language to express even simple things. .
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.