[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So does Murakami himself know what everything means and who everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

So does Murakami himself know what everything means and who everyone is and how everything links together? Or is he just as clueless as to how everything wraps up as how he leaves the reader at the end?
>>
lol why are you reading a book for girls?
>>
>>9827337
it wasn't written for girls, it was written for murakami
the main character is a self insert if there ever was one
>he's a writer
>a good writer
>attractive
>in very good shape
>big cock
>gets to fuck borderline underage girls (this is a big plus for japanese men)
it's sort of pathetic when you think about it
>>
>>9827355
>author writes about a writer
thats when you know you shouldnt read a book
>>
>>9827337
Have you read it ?
>>
To anyone who has read the books, can you tell me how does Aomane murders the abusive men?

I just want to know if it's worth reading it for masturbatory purposes.
>>
>>9829173
She sticks him with a needle in the back of the neck.
>>
>>9827355
this is in one way or another every murakami mc
every female character being essentially a manic pixie dream anime girl
also the prose is laughable constantly describing their ass and tits. it almost makes me want to concede a point to the feminists it's that fucking bad

which makes the attempted forcing of the "murakami is for girls" meme even more off-base
>>
>>9827331

He just makes it up as he goes.
>>
I have never been so fucking pissed off at a book like this
that ending was so fucking stupid
nigga didn't know what he was doing
>>
>>9827331
murakami is only good for 2-3 books, after that everything just gets predictable.
on topic, i don't think his work is that hard to understand. pretty much all of it is about our inner lives and he tends to use surrealist elements to express that.
>>
>>9827378
"write what you know"

>proceeds to write Lolita-tier fanfiction about self, and the market is apparently REALLY into it
>>
>>9830033
>pretty much all of it is about our inner lives
woah m8, you sure have literature figured Out. You should write a book or something.
>>
>>9830428
it is though. were you too stupid to figure that out and you just thought "LOL HES SO CRAZY ALL THIS RANDOM SHIT IS HAPPENING XD"
>>
>>9827331
As a teenager, I read Norwegian Wood by chance, picking it out of a free bookshelf at the hotel I was staying at in Vietnam, on a day when the ssky was grey. I was captivated by him (Murakami), and the sauntering, disconnected ambience of both his writing and his characters.
I proceeded to get almost every book he'd written, reading them successively, forming a long stack of minimalist white covers.
By the time I had read my 7th or so book, Murakami's writing was starting to become a bit sickening, like eating a bucket of jelly. It goes down extremely easily, and is light and palatable, but you start to realize just to what extent Murakami is sitting at home, masturbating romanticized ideas of himself, constantly, over and over, directly into the books that he writes. I'm no longer not convinced that he doesn't write all his books with his dick in one hands, constantly fingering the hole of his erect dick as he moans in pleasure about how nonchalant his protagonist is, while still fucking 18 yo girls.
1Q84 was the book that made this the most clear of all. In the end, all it really is is Murakami's masturbatory writing for however many pages it is (and it's his longest work by quite a bit). I remember closing the book and feeling offended by how retardedly written this huge piece of shit was.
Murakami does have decent books, but at the end of the day, he is someone who writes with only atmosphere in mind. That's why so much of his writing reads like a first draft, because I don't think he has any actual prosaic or strict writing talent. I guess you could argue that it's a translation thing, but it's so prevalent, and stark across multiple translations that I doubt it.

So yes, he is clueless, and this book is hot garbage
>>
>>9829414
After Dark didn't do that.
>>
>>9831023
It might be a piece of hot garabage, but for starters i think is the best. When I first read a Murakami book I was 9 y/o, and It was through light, simple reading sessions where I got the habit of reading constantly, a task I found difficult with extense , tedious ( I believed that by then, not now) narratives of Dostoievski for example.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.