[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books Which Contain Subtext Implying The Protagonist Wants to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: kafkametamorphosis.jpg (35KB, 260x346px) Image search: [Google]
kafkametamorphosis.jpg
35KB, 260x346px
I'll Start
>>
Kindly Ones

its not really a subtext...its pretty overt.
>>
File: holdenphoebe.jpg (80KB, 350x541px) Image search: [Google]
holdenphoebe.jpg
80KB, 350x541px
>>
Maybe im missing the historical context here, but what does transforming into a bug overnight is supposed to mean? And why is he treated in thia weird ignore/hate way by his family
>>
>>9827088
It means he can no longer work to support his family so they shun him. It's basically a metaphor for being NEET.
>>
>>9827076
The thread specifically asks for books which contain SUBTEXT IMPLYING the protagonist wants to fuck their sister. Since Holden does actually fuck his sister you should not be recommending this novel.
>>
>>9827095
But why overnight? He just wakes up being a bug, and he used to work pretty hard before that
>>
>>9827088
it's a metaphor for the alienation of the familiar as consequence of self reflection.
>>
my diary desu
>>
>>9827114
I understand the alienation of the familiar, i mean that is pretty obviously laid out but where do you get it being a consequence of self reflection, the character seems pretty oblivious to why the transformation happened and never really ponders on the reasons, he just tries to get by
>>
>>9827148
Isn't that the point, in a way? For all your life you've been going about your business, saying hi to cute waiters and baristas, paying your taxes on time, sending your kids to the best schools. Then, all of a sudden, for reasons you can't point out to, these tasks seem strange. You can find no reason to keep performing them, but you still do anyway. At some point you realize you've been living your life almost mechanically and your acts have no underlying rationalization. So he doesn't need to explain why he turned into a bug, but he does feel the need to somehow continue his life somehow.
>>
>>9827076
I'm sold on the rape interpretation

this cover seals it
>>
File: Endersgame.jpg (82KB, 480x736px) Image search: [Google]
Endersgame.jpg
82KB, 480x736px
>>
>>9827148
If you think long and hard about life you begin to realize that it doesn't actually make much sense.
>>
>>9827076
second post be-
>>9827098

nvm fifth post best post
>>
>>9827108
would the story be better if he slowly turned into a bug? its overnight to show the stark contrast. (i dont know what stark means, but i know what words it goes with.)
>>
>>9827035
>Gregor works hard to provide for his sister
>The roastie slut shames him into suicide

Was Kafka an MRA?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.