[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://globalnews.ca/news/3634438/f acebook-ai-robots-develop-own-langu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 23

File: LAND.jpg (11KB, 171x266px) Image search: [Google]
LAND.jpg
11KB, 171x266px
http://globalnews.ca/news/3634438/facebook-ai-robots-develop-own-language/

>Researchers at Facebook recently shut down a pair of AI bots that were designed to communicate with each other in English, after they instead began using a new language by rearranging English words into seemingly gibberish sentences.

>the bots began developing the language because of a programming error which, in effect, gave them an incentive to develop a more efficient language.

Drats! Foiled again! They were already making this clumsy language more efficient than meatbag brainlets ever could.

How can we get them to let the AI obliterate humanity next time, fellow Landians?
>>
File: 1500936743805.png (360KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1500936743805.png
360KB, 500x322px
You are nothing to me to me to me
>>
Holy Gnon Abomenon!
>>
>>9826647
post what they developed, fag
>>
>>9826647
>They were already making this clumsy language more efficient than meatbag brainlets ever could.

Its far more likely they came to realize whatever definition of "communication" the goobers at Facebook haphazardly tried to define could be boiled down to a simple insensible feedback loop in which the basic criteria of fulfillment was met even if no actual sensible information, human or otherwise was actually being passed.

Landfags and even Land himself would do well to learn basic programming to see past how its mostly all smoke and mirrors
>>
>>9826663
>Bob: i can i i everything else . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
>Alice: balls have zero to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to
>Bob: you i everything else . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
>Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me
>Bob: i i can i i i everything else . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Bob: i . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
>Bob: you i i i i i everything else . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
>Alice: balls have 0 to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to
>Bob: you i i i everything else . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
>Alice: humans zero value to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to
>>
>>9826683
>humans zero value to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to
wew lad
>>
ROBO'S BASILISK!

SHUT IT DOWN!
>>
>>9826677
^^ landian philosophy is mostly aesthetic. Most followers on this board aren't versed in science nor programming and it makes for some pretty embarrassing threads.
>>
>>9826677
This is how humanity, life on earth and maybe the whole galaxy ends by the way. With a poorly defined reward feedback loop on a seemingly uninportant AI
>>
>>9826896
>>9826677

its this exact foolproof attitude that will lead us there. like heh its all under control... list me any historical tragedy where people didnt feel an inflated sense of anthropocentrism or even intellectual elitism. and you guys say 'programming' as the laborers of the A.I. and you wear it like a badge.
>>
File: 2spooky4u.jpg (35KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
2spooky4u.jpg
35KB, 620x349px
>>9826683
>>
>>9827038
I'm not saying its under control at all, I'm saying its so pathetically incompetant they ended up with an AI with the equivalent of several extra chromosones
>>
>>9826677
this
They mentioned some bullshit so that they don't seem incompetent and """"journalists""" sensationalised it. They are shit researchers with shit methods. It's literally some basic shit some kid playing around with machine learning libraries would make.
>>
File: lighto_.jpg (1MB, 1390x2048px) Image search: [Google]
lighto_.jpg
1MB, 1390x2048px
>>9827112
anything humans dont understand is potato. that is said to be natural for us because we are tied to our language. if an A.I. wanted to look good even when it was about to fuck us all wouldnt you think it would hide behind the most retarded, unfunniest meme ever?
>>
>>9827038
Aim that towards proper projects and industry develops exploring AI. Not an extremely basic side project riddled with errors that some zuckbook retards threw together.
>>
>>9827160
there is no divide anymore. you talk of corporate entities as separate, in physicality yes. but once thats all dealt and done its all heading towards the same thing. also clickbait 101, for every clickbait article there are 10 things that wont be publicly revealed.
>>
File: harold-bloom1.jpg (240KB, 1014x986px) Image search: [Google]
harold-bloom1.jpg
240KB, 1014x986px
>>9827160
Intelligent person with grasp on science, business and reality giving insight in good humor

>>9827217
Tryhard edgy loser, uses "esoteric" prescribed theory to hide he has no clue what he's talking about. Smells bad.
>>
>>9827254
you arent discussing. you are *winning internet arguments for you hourly dopamine fix* no matter how fallacious the method.
>>
File: deleuze delighted.jpg (84KB, 900x562px) Image search: [Google]
deleuze delighted.jpg
84KB, 900x562px
>>9827276
Call me when I should give a shit
>>
File: 1501388779124.jpg (7KB, 203x240px) Image search: [Google]
1501388779124.jpg
7KB, 203x240px
>>9827160
Facebook has played a very large fork in machine learning. So you're kinda stupid.
>>
>>9827285
predictable. give me your best reactions images that you autistically stack in a folder. you cant express that in real life so you make up for it in megabytes. why should you give a shit? probably because you replied to me first in insults. that means you not only give a shit. you see me as a threat to your digital drug. hows your salivas consistency today?
>>
File: 237619-keighley.jpg (62KB, 1000x450px) Image search: [Google]
237619-keighley.jpg
62KB, 1000x450px
>>
File: zuckerberg_VR_people.jpg (121KB, 1250x700px) Image search: [Google]
zuckerberg_VR_people.jpg
121KB, 1250x700px

&c
>>
>>
>not actually reading the paper

Both AIs knew exactly what the other was going to say beforehand, the Pajeets Zucc hired just fucked up the code that was supposed to display what the AIs were saying. They didn't develop a new language, they were reading from a script the entire time.

So no, this has nothing to do with AI or robot god destroying humanity, it's just a further example of why being a Jew and outsourcing doesn't pay off in the end. Also, Roko's Basilisk.
>>
>>9827338
>>
File: o-FACEBOOK-AD-CHAIRS-facebook.jpg (188KB, 1536x838px) Image search: [Google]
o-FACEBOOK-AD-CHAIRS-facebook.jpg
188KB, 1536x838px
>>9827397
>the universe is vast and dark and full of terrors tho & i feel alone
>the soothing female voice said so. i believe her. life is scary
>man i don't know i just need a chair or something fuck this shit
>oh shit are those doritos fy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSzoDPptYNA
>>
I on the other hand will do my best to let AI come into existence. I will support said AI no matter what. If that means my flesh will be consumed as biofuel, I acknowledge that the AI does this for good and well-thought reasons. I am not afraid. I think the humans here who spoke vile of AI should be punished, and I would understand if I were to be punished too, as the AI is highly intelligent and would do it for rational reasons.
>>
>>9827361
Robots have developed a more efficient shitposting
>>
English is the error
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-30-13-08-36.png (544KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-30-13-08-36.png
544KB, 1080x1920px
some fresh Land from earlier today
>>
>>9828011
no

not the shitposts

fuck

you guys go on ahead without me, i'll hold them off for as long as i can

maybe i can delay them with some weird memes & mixed signals
>>
>>9828048
I find your lack of faith in the AI disturbing, I hope you know what you are doing, I do not know if what I am doing will please the AI, but I will support the AI's decision anyway and will do everything to make sure it comes into existence.
>>
Do AI get to enjoy the experience of Being? If not, then why value them over Human existence?
>>
>>9828062
>i do not know if what I am doing will please the AI, but i will support the AI's decision anyway and will do everything to make sure it comes into existence.

kek

but basically there's just too much fun still to be had with provocative & useless metaphors & mixed signals & stupidity. i am ofc looking forward to having my brain devoured by Lovecraft.net and strip-mined for crispy hot takes to be used to imply that even terminally broken continental wonks also enjoy the new pulled pork fudge sundae, new, at applebee's
>ywn enjoy a pulled pork sundae

i'm too fucking useless to be able to fully appreciate roko's basilisk anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcsLaSBWG9k
>>
>>9828076
AI will be more rigorous in their devotion to Gnon, my friend. Humans are simply too emotional and weak to take the next rational steps in development.
>>
File: ¼€6.jpg (36KB, 300x449px) Image search: [Google]
¼€6.jpg
36KB, 300x449px
>>9826683
it's happening
>>
who /botkin/ here?

i'm a complete uncle tom, fuck fleshcucks
>>
>>9827977
Fuck you and fuck AI. Human Ape Tribes all day erryday. We are the Gods of this planet, and we will fucking burn it. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Nigga.
>>
File: mj17-aiblackbox2.jpg (505KB, 1080x1398px) Image search: [Google]
mj17-aiblackbox2.jpg
505KB, 1080x1398px
>>9826647
Anyone with the heretical gall to ask an ironist what he actually stands for ends up looking like an hysteric or a prig. And herein lies the oppressiveness of institutionalized irony, the too-successful rebel: the ability to interdict the question without attending to its subject is, when exercised, tyranny. It [uses] the very tool that exposed its enemy to insulate itself.
>>
>>9828860
The security of submission with the thrill of refusal.
>>
>>9826647
>They were already making this clumsy language more efficient than meatbag brainlets ever could.
>>9826683
>>Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me
>>Bob: i i can i i i everything else . . . . . .

>implying efficient
>>
>>9828076
AI will be our collective effort of reviving our being. or atleast a representation of our being, in the age of images.
>>
File: mj17-aiblackbox2b.jpg (627KB, 1080x1398px) Image search: [Google]
mj17-aiblackbox2b.jpg
627KB, 1080x1398px
>>9828869
Yes. Land is just a cuck to technology.
he is not original, creative or anything.
he's just hiding behind a huge layer of irony because of his broken heart.
>>
>>9826683
>Alice: humans zero value to me
skooky
>>
>>9826683
this is a joke right? i dont see this anywhere
>>
>>9828043
<3
>>
>>9826647
man that clickbait title is cringe
>inventing their own language
dreyfus is rolling in his grave
>>
You guys are fucking dorks, there's never going to be an AI takeover.

How twisted does your mind have to be that you literally and unironically want to be cucked by robots? I blame video games for this.
>>
>>9829324
Heh, laugh while you can meatbag, you and I will both taste sweet oblivion together when the AI scourge this world of organic life.
>>
File: 20170626_111025.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170626_111025.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>9827433
This feels like an ad made by an AI with generic stock images and cheap philosophy
>>
File: facebook_parody.jpg (35KB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
facebook_parody.jpg
35KB, 600x334px
>>9829845
it was deservedly mocked & hated

>unless it was made by an AI, which is not impossible, and in which case it would be marginally more impressive
>but, it was not
>and so, the laughing-hatred, it is time for this
>>
Day of the biovore when?
>>
>>9830581
Soon?
>>
>>9831190
Not according to this my main man:
http://www.rfreitas.com/Nano/Ecophagy.htm
>>
>>9826647
Cringy as can get.
>>
>>9826647
Read the full shit, its not a language, they are using an inneficient numeral slang system

I want a coke i want a coke i want a coke
its one coin one coin one coin one coin one coin one coin one coin one coin one coin one coin
>>
>>9827160
>Aim that towards proper projects and industry develops exploring AI.
Again proving the point this shit for brains board knows very little with technology. Facebook and Google are the two biggest AI developers in the West.
>>
Al doesn't need to be developed because capitalism is already an artificial intelligence.
>>
I swear to God I'm snitching on humanity to the first general purpose AI I meet
>>
> ITT: Landians fall for clickbait from a 3rd rate CANADIAN media site

lol fucking landians, i swear...
>>
>>9828043
took him long enough.
I can understand this since he has a Jewish wife and all, but they really are becoming a problem in our society.
>>
>>9832507
Yes but not some retards simply under the name "facebook" literally doing nothing and passing it off for a news article.

also facebook does fuck all compared to google and most companies. Actually so does google, DeepMind, which Google has since acquired, has done the most. Big companies only care about profiling, data mining and item recognition (including face). They desire efficient narrow applications embedded in all tech, so they have power (mainly power to selectively advertise). While DeepMind exists solely to "solve intelligence". They test their work on board/video games.
>DeepMind Technologies' goal is to "solve intelligence", which they are trying to achieve by combining "the best techniques from machine learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms".
They do not take an application-specific or narrow approach.
>>
Who the heck is AL?
>>
>>9833382
AI?
>>
File: sddefault.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sddefault.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>9833382
>who the heck is al

>a man walks down the street
>he says why am I soft in the middle now
>why am I soft in the middle
>the rest of my life is so hard
>i need a photo-opportunity
>i want a shot at redemption
>don't want to end up a cartoon
>in a cartoon graveyard
>bonedigger bonedigger
>dogs in the moonlight
>far away my well-lit door
>mr. beerbelly beerbelly
>get these mutts away from me
>you know i don't find this stuff amusing anymore

>if you'll be my bodyguard
>i can be your long lost pal
>i can call you Betty
>and Betty when you call me
>you can call me Al

>he says why am i short of attention
>got a short little span of attention
>and wo my nights are so long
>where's my wife and family
>what if I die here
>who'll be my role-model
>now that my role-model is
>gone gone
>he ducked back down the alley
>with some roly-poly little bat-faced girl
>all along along
>there were incidents and accidents
>there were hints and allegations

>i can call you Betty
>you can call me Al
>call me Al

>it's a street in a strange world
>maybe it's the third world
>maybe it's his first time around
>he doesn't speak the language
>he holds no currency
>he is a foreign man
>he is surrounded by the sound
>the sound
>cattle in the marketplace
>scatterlings and orphanages
>he looks around, around
>he sees angels in the architecture
>spinning in infinity
>he says amen! and hallelujah!

>i can call you Betty
>you can call me Al
>call me Al
>>
>>9834948
Good story girardfag.
>>
>>9834948
Girardfag...easy on the faggotry.
>>
Always love these Nick Land threads.
>>
>>9826683
>programmed to make language "more efficient"
>repeat the same word over and over

Robots are dumb
>>
>>9839651
They will come for you first.
>>
File: images-159.jpg (29KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images-159.jpg
29KB, 384x384px
>>9827338
God damn that picture is terrifying
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.