[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here know anything about 'religious experiences?'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (261KB, 1505x550px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
261KB, 1505x550px
Does anyone here know anything about 'religious experiences?' Because I had one again last night.

In the quiet of my room in the middle of the night(?), there were no doors open, no windows open, and this has never happened to me before, but a cool breeze blew past my face quite gently for about 1-2 seconds.

Has anyone else had this kind of experience?
>>
>>9826138
oh no, i posted this on /lit/
could a mod move this to /his/?
>>
File: William_James_b1842c.jpg (92KB, 540x699px) Image search: [Google]
William_James_b1842c.jpg
92KB, 540x699px
It's not estatic, it's not ineffable, it's not noetic, it's not a spiritual awakening, it's not mystical, it's not intepreted within a religious framework. No mysterium tremendum to be found either.

Whichever experience it was, that is not a religious experience. It goes in the "shit happens" folder, carry on.
>>
If I had a religious experience for every time something like that happened to me, I'd have some compassion for you retards. No, this was not about penises.
>>
>>9826138
One night I was practicing writing stream of consciousness. I started with prose then eventually switched to poetry. Before I began the poetry, I smoked a little and cleared my mind completely. The following is everything I typed out before 'coming to' again and leaving stream of consciousness. It's not complete:

Carry me into the sea
and lower me in salt,
so my blood shall burn and cure.
then carry me back to the shore
to set me where I weep.

Though I sleep on banks across,
my love for thee is infinite.
In time let by you have not thought
that much of me; neither have I,
I must admit.

I see your cuts, as well as mine,
as well I see the waving sea
I wish to wash me of my pain.
Do you deny you want the same?
If not for you, then maybe me?

To bring me in, you must swim
through cleansing pain incurred,
foremost, through damage you have done.(..)

After becoming aware of what I'd written, it was the closest thing I've ever come to a 'religious' or 'spiritual' phenomena.
>>
>>9826622
Well this beautiful. Thank you for that, anon.

You intend on finishing it?
>>
>>9826636
I'd like to. I left off at a point where I have an idea to where I could keep it going and finish it. I'm concerned though that it won't retain its authenticity, since I'm not certain I can get back the state of mind I was in.
>>
>>9826138
Yesterday I wanted to buy a Cheeseburger at McDonald, but I had no money. At some point I scratched my lef, I felt something jn my pocked and I found an old 5$ bill. Now I fully believe in God, our Savior.
>>
>>9826636

Nah mate, in these types of creative/spiritual/unconscious nexus experiences any work that can be finished from the kind of backbone you managed to grab onto as of now is authentic more than enough to earn those next steps of care and polish. It's my general rule of thumb when the stream of consciousness gives me something of the sort and I'm yet to regret it.

I'd bore you with the psychological details of this but it's been too long since I've been here last and I'm trying to feel the proper etiquette of the place again.
>>
>>9826138
>>>/x/
>>
>>9826745
Thanks for the confidence boost; will definitely help me push to finish it properly.
Excessive detail is my forte, but you're at about a 1:20 ratio of people actually listening to well structured details on this board. No harm no foul, my brother.
>>
There is a moment of religious experience in Desperation that is uncannily realistic, and made me wonder if Stephen had ever had a religious experience like that.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.