[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philosophy noob here. I've never read Stirner, but I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1442175047189.jpg (23KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
1442175047189.jpg
23KB, 500x550px
Philosophy noob here. I've never read Stirner, but I have an idea regarding spooks and what they are because of shitposting. Can someone tell me if spooks are similar to what Socrates calls 'bogeys' and what Epictetus calls 'masters'? If they are different, how?
>>
>>9825891
I've never read epictetus or socrates so explain that and I can tell you.
>>
>>9825891
>I've never read socrates
yup
>>
>>9825891
Read the fucking book instead of trying to make it look like you're well read you validation-seeking retard.
>>
>>9825917
Well, for Epictetus 'masters' are the things that make us live in fear and anxiety. For example, he says that power men are not our masters, but rather what they can do to us (kill us, chain us up, take our property away from us, send us into exile, damage our reputation etc.) Socrates' 'bogeys' are pretty much the same, as far as I can understand it; that is those things (life, freedom, property too I guess, etc.) that mean nothing to a man who understands that his rationality and his power to make right choices are superior to those things.

>>9825924
Why the fuck are you quoting me? That's not what I said. And yes, I know, he never wrote anything himself.

>>9825925
>make it look like you're well-read
I literally said I am a noob who's never read anything past the most basic Greek stuff. Are you retarded? Can you not read, like the guy I quoted above?
>just read the boog you fag, I am not gonna stoop so low as to answer you, kiddo! *tips fedora*
For this alone you deserve a (You).
>>
>>9825930
>I literally said I am a noob who's never read anything past the most basic Greek stuff. Are you retarded? Can you not read, like the guy I quoted above?
Then why not read the books to try and answer your question?
>>
>>9825933
Because I don't want to skip centuries of previous works just to read Stirner's book. That's why I asked. I was just curious if those two things are similar.
>>
>>9825939
Gee I wonder what you'll need to do then.
>>
>>9825939
they sound somewhat similar.

Just read him, there aren't any prerequistes.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.