[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain the significance of the performing bear and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 9780679728757_p0_v1_s1200x630.jpg (53KB, 389x600px) Image search: [Google]
9780679728757_p0_v1_s1200x630.jpg
53KB, 389x600px
Can someone explain the significance of the performing bear and its death in the final chapter?

What the shit.

I figured it was somewhat a metaphor for the Kid and his fate, only a disposable role in a larger story of fate... but the extra detail surrounding the bear scene doesn't support that.

Anyone else?
>>
>>9824261
The holes are for fence posts--the land is now being prepared for property and thus society. The hellscape of the novel is beginning to make way for civilized human existence....I think
>>
>>9824261
Spoiler alert faggot
>>
It means nothing. The book was trash.
>>
>>9824274
That's the epilogue, I'm talking about the final chapter preceding it.
>>
>>9824282
Why do you think the book was trash?
>>
>>9824261
Metaphor for the violence in the novel ultimately conquering nature setting the way for civilization.
Maybe? I don't know man.
>>
>>9824418
I don't really it was just lazy bait. Though the style is a silly parody of itself at times.
>>
>>9824418
I think pseuds fall into two categories: those who think books like Blood Meridian are not difficult (it is, but in the end rewarding), and those who think these books attempt to be meaningful and pretend to have achieved that.

Either way, he calls it trash because he didn't understand it at all.
>>
I would say there is a link between the bear, who protects and supports the young fragile girl, and continues dancing even when he is shot, and the kid who holds fragile innocent values and continues (dancing) in the world even though the judge will kill him.
The bear dies and the girl (fragile innocence, kindness, etc.) disappears. His fur is being sold, which is reminiscent of Jesus's clothes being sold after crucifixion.
When the judge kills the kid he is the only one dancing, naked (without clothes or fur) and he will never die.
>>
>>9824274
Sounds good
>>
I think it refers to The Kid's comment that even animals can dance when he and the judge are talking about the dance of life. And the judge's counter point destroys the kid's argument. It's represented by the bear being shot.

Also does anyone else think that the Judge represents the darkest parts of civilization?
>>
File: the judge.png (52KB, 1054x278px) Image search: [Google]
the judge.png
52KB, 1054x278px
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.