[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need a book about art or arts studies. Long story short, I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1421984654843.jpg (50KB, 400x373px) Image search: [Google]
1421984654843.jpg
50KB, 400x373px
Need a book about art or arts studies. Long story short, I need to to turn into a pretentious art fag for a girl. We went to the museum and for the first time in my life I felt inferior to someone. She was pointing the balance of colors, shadows and other shit that I never knew existed. Pic kinda related.
>>
>for the first time in my life i felt inferior to someone
You're an idiot.
>>
>>9823348
How damn insecure are you that a person more knowledgeable in certain subjects exists? Why don't you stop using everything to jack off your ego and ask her how you can learn more or just listen and learn? And you think someone who knows what the fuck they are talking about is not gonna notice a poser fag regurgitating entry level trash in an attempt to level himself?
>>
>>9823348
pic?
I have seen it before but the name escapes me atm
>>
>>9823505
Arnold Böcklin, Nationalgalerie Berlin
>>
find some other niche except formalism

there are other ways of talking about art

baudrillard
walter benjamin
heidegger
agamben
bourdieu
mcluhan
jameson
freud
and so on can give you tools

I recommend pic related to get you going

another goodie is preziosi's the art of art history
>>
>>9823348
Bullshit it anon. I knew this girl that was taking some art classes and we would always talk about art pieces while at work. My only prior knowledge of art being a quick skim through of a textbook. It's so easy to bullshit, she was like putty in my hands. Name drop a few artists (Frido Kahl, can never fail) and her panties will be soaked before you can say Pablo Picasso.
>>
>>9823618
Thanks bro.

>>9823403
>9823403
>>9823455
suck my dick fagets

>>9823835
it's a little more complicated than that. I won her over eventually with my humor, but those first 10 minutes of looking at abstract shit were fucking brutal
>>
>>9823835
Look at this retard.
>>
>>9823348
Loomis.
>>
>>9823348
Hey revolutionary idea, how about you fucking ask her to teach you? Humility impresses far more than pretending.
>>
>>9823348
People like to teach others, look smart. People like to be the center of attention.
Pay attention to what she says, nod here and there, look surprised, if possible ask stupid questions. She'll be more into you as a result.
It works with others also. Pretend to be retarded and people will love you.
>>
>>9824012
>>9824029
I did. That's when I noticed the gap was fucking huge. Plus it's no fun turning a date into a fucking art lesson
>>
>>9823348
OP CHRIST MAN YOU DON'T NEED BOOKS to appreciate art. Learn to draw, learn what makes a good composition, how to balance out lights, darks, colors, etc. What makes stuff pop. Books can never do this. You must see and create for yourself
>>
>>9823618
>>9823348

>baudrillard
As much as I loved The Conspiracy of Art, I really doubt this kind of approach will ingratiate you to a girl who likes art.

Still a great book though, check it out.

Oh, and I don't know, try asking the girl stuff. She'll probably be way more into you if she feels she can educate you about something that she loves. She'll probably just be annoyed if you show up to date 2 pretending to be an art genius.
>>
Read this french book about Velazquez from that one godard flick
>>
>>9823348
She will make your life miserable. Forget about her and hook up with a normie.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.