[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which option should I choose? >Reading heretics and chapterhouse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1486242944021.jpg (1022KB, 1144x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1486242944021.jpg
1022KB, 1144x2560px
Which option should I choose?
>Reading heretics and chapterhouse and dealing with the cliffhanger
>Same, but reading hunters and sandworms afterwards, dealing with Brian's shitty writing
>Not reading heretics and chapterhouse
>>
>>9819995
1 or 3, 1 preferably. The quality dropoff is massive.
>>
this chart is so pseud-y and useless

it literally boils down to >if you enjoy it keep reading
>>
>>9819995
personally, i loved heretics of dune. i've reread that one 3-4 times. god emperor is always a challenge because it is so different from what has come before.

strongly recommend against any of the brian herbert/kevin j anderson crap
>>
>>9820012
Do I at least get closure from reading sandworms?
>>
>>9820038
1 provides total closure as long as you read the end as "he lived happily ever after, butlerian jihad bugaloo"
>>
>>9819995
I heard some good things about butlerian jihad. Should I give it a try?
>>
>>9820038
it depends on if you accept that BH/KJA were telling the truth about what the honored matres were fleeing at the end of chapterhouse. it turns out to be Omnius but everything thinks that ol' Frank had something else in mind and wrote that into his notes in the lockbox before he died.
>>
>>9820058
Do you accept that BH is telling the truth?

Curiously, I wish they'd actually show us the notes instead of just say "Oh yeah guys, we have them."
>>
Read all of Frank's work (or stop at God-Emperor if you don't want the cliffhanger) and stop there. Brian can't write.
>>
>>9820399
What about butlerian jihad?
>>
File: Butlerian_Jihad.jpg (121KB, 800x407px) Image search: [Google]
Butlerian_Jihad.jpg
121KB, 800x407px
>>9820018
it does try to warn you about how shitty the prequels are. i hate to admit i bought two of them, read them, and then left them on a park bench for the seagulls to shit on.
>>
File: frankherbertisDisappoint.jpg (104KB, 462x586px) Image search: [Google]
frankherbertisDisappoint.jpg
104KB, 462x586px
>>9820124
i think he's making it up. just like Harlan Ellison, when he says "the last dangerous visions is being published any day now."
>>
>>9820426
if you want to know about the Butlerian Jihad, find a copy of the Dune Encyclopedia. Frank Herbert said it wasn't canon, but it's about.. ooh, roughly seventy-five thousand times better than the prequels. at a conservative estimate.
>>
Is genre fiction really allowed on /lit/? I thought better of you guys.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.