[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you adapting a book into a screenplay and using

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_9683.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px)
IMG_9683.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Why aren't you adapting a book into a screenplay and using it in a movie featuring your friends?
>>
How do you even get started writing screenplays as a job? Always liked the script format for visual narrative media, but I can't imagine taking classes on film writing are any better than creative writing courses.
>>
>>9815211
I try but my friends don't like the idea of taking someone else's idea and would rather do their own thing. It's a shame they're all lazy assholes who are more of the big picture type.

Got most of them convinced to do a short film on one of Edgar Allan Poe's story, but then they couldn't decide which one to do.
>>
File: IMG_9897.jpg (56KB, 602x481px)
IMG_9897.jpg
56KB, 602x481px
>>9815219
Just adapt your favorite novel/la into a script and shoot it. If it's any good and gets attention, you should have no problem continuing to write scripts for money.

Also check em
>>
File: IMG_9899.png (507KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9899.png
507KB, 1242x2208px
>>9815232
Your friends are lazy faggots. Wouldn't they be into it if you just promised them on-camera facetime and spoonfed them their lines?
>>
>>9815240
Was working on a Hotline Miami script until the sequel came out and everything went retarded. May have to pick up John Steakley's Armor and really put my head to it.
>>
>>9815251
I wrote the majority of a script for the tell-tale heart but even then they started to bicker on who would play who. (I personally didn't want to be on camera).

One was a theatre major if that gives you an idea of him as a person. Dude kept arguing on wanting to direct and be lead actor.
>>
I have no friends
>>
File: weteagfdcb.jpg (77KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
weteagfdcb.jpg
77KB, 600x750px
Writing a book gives me complete control of everything. Movies incorporate more aspect and take more skill to push the message in a masterful way. The cinematography, the actors, the timing, the mood, the mus- especially the music, blast you. Everything must be my way. I think that: If I were to be a director, producer or anything else with powers in the production of a movie, I would harangue everyone else above and below my authority, and eventually become excluded or see development hell coming for me. I'll stick with pen, paper and laptop.
>>
>>9815211
>>9815219
>>9815240

On this subject, I've been thinking about writing some short scripts for fun. I envisaged them as plays but I figure it's best just to write them as a basic script before worrying about direction and set design, etc. I assume that's the best way?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.