[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't wrap my head around the plot. Did he really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 6346262.jpg (42KB, 289x475px)
6346262.jpg
42KB, 289x475px
I don't wrap my head around the plot. Did he really become a cockroach?
>>
>>9815171
If you want him to
>>
are you retarded?
>>
>>9815171
Sorry I meant "can't"
>>
>>9815183
troll'd hard
>>
there is a part where his father is throwing apples at him and an apple becomes "lodged in Gregor's flesh."

this clearly suggests he has an exoskeleton of some kind. for any endoskeletal creature, something as large and rotund as an apple would at worst bruise the flesh, even if it were thrown with the force of a bullet, which isn't possible for a human.
>>
>>9815171
No, he became a beetle.
>>
>>9815209
It's a metaphor for depression.
>>
On the level of plot, yes he does physically transform into an insect, but it's not accepted that it's a cockroach, unless you're reading the Michael Hoffman translation. Kafka was intentionally ambiguous about the exact nature of the vermin he turns into. The phrase in that famous opening line, "ungeheueren Ungeziefer," translates to something like "monstrous vermin" or "giant insect." Certain translations that actually use the word "cockroach" have been criticized for taking a liberty that may help the reader visualize the scene, but that is ultimately detrimental to Kafka's vision. There's actually some interesting discussion and debate online about the entomology of The Metamorphosis, as well as the nuances of the translation.
>>
>>9815215
So he didn't become a cockroach?
>>
File: Ringo_Starr_(2007).jpg (76KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Ringo_Starr_(2007).jpg
76KB, 400x300px
>>9815715
Of course not, that's impossible.
>>
>>9815715
The Turks never reached Prague
>>
>>9815715
Yes, within the story he did actually become a giant cockroach, don't listen to this pleb: >>9815748
>>
There was a time in my life I was failing out of school, addicted to weed and was generally an asshole.

My family still loved me at first, but I stared into the abyss of losing the love of those around me.

I really connected with Gregor. I always felt it was a story of a guy whose family relied on him and his shitty job, but he ended up hating it and not being able to continue.

His family put up with it at first, but eventually moved on and saw they were disgusted by him and didn't need him anymore.
>>
>>9815793
No he didn't, see
>>9815708
>>
I always assumed it was Kafkas writing on how we view men and women. Gregors metamorphosis was ugly and only got worse and something to hide. His family resented him. Where his sisters was better and gave his parents immense satisfaction.
>>
MOTHER PLEASE. IT'S ME, GREGOR.
>>
File: 1500883279432.jpg (43KB, 1200x784px) Image search: [Google]
1500883279432.jpg
43KB, 1200x784px
>>9815171
>cockroach
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.