[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I read Crime and Punishment about 5 years ago when I was 14

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: cp.jpg (47KB, 308x475px) Image search: [Google]
cp.jpg
47KB, 308x475px
So I read Crime and Punishment about 5 years ago when I was 14 (McDuff translation). I wonder if it was all in vain and that I didn't understand any of it. Do I have to read it again? I remember quite a bit of it.
>>
What did you get out of the book? You have to analyze your own thoughts on it to see if it was really in vain.
>>
>Do I have to read it again?
Is there a gun to your head?
>>
Well if you didn't understand any of it, then what was the fucking point of reading it?
>>
>>9814994
Well, I got a good time obviously. And I got that staying in bed all day and thinking is counter productive. That Rashkolnikov wasn't as great as people made him out to be. That you get sick when you've killed someone, and the reason he killed someone was to see if he himself could avoid getting sick, and bouncing back up again and play it off as a necessary bad thing that had to happen to create something big. That he wanted to see if he was like Napoleon. That he liked to torment a prostitute he looked down on, and was her boyfriend because he wasn't any better. That wearing ugly clothes really makes you feel bad about yourself. What it's like to be delirious and bed ridden for many days listening to two people talking about a murder you comitted. That Svidrigailov wasn't that bad after all. And so on.
>>
>>9815026
I did understand some of it, it's just that people have since told me to read it again to understand it.
>>
Might as well read it again.
Books are better the second or third time anyways.
See how you've changed in 5 years.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.