[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the first two Lector books weren't that awful, for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 3

So the first two Lector books weren't that awful, for crime novels.
>>
File: C1HfBYe8f1E.jpg (114KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
C1HfBYe8f1E.jpg
114KB, 720x960px
Heidegger's lectures on Parmenides and Nietzsche
>>
File: 1500220464480.gif (2MB, 400x310px) Image search: [Google]
1500220464480.gif
2MB, 400x310px
>>9814723
silence of the lambs was a quantum leap in quality over red dragon, which was a solid, intermittently inspired thriller/horror/crime novel.

hannibal was readable, particularly in the context of jonesing for another hit o' dat sotl magic. but it was sub-red dragon quality-wise, if memory serves, though it certainly worked very hard at delivering up iconic scenes, and did have its moments. but it kind of made me give up on thos. harris. he shot his wad with sotl.

>for a crime novel
See pic related.
>>
>>9814723
Red Dragon, I thought, was the most "fun" of the bunch, with Silence of the Lambs pretty comparable in quality, if not a little better, though a little less enjoyable.

Hannibal was Harris trying hard to replicate what he did on the previous two books, though it had its moments. The ending definitely squashed any hopes that people would have of it having any kind of legacy outside the movies.

And then there's Hannibal Rising, a turd from start to finish. He didn't even want to write it, but was bullied into it by a Hollywood producer who said he'd make the movie with or without a book to base it off of, and if Harris wrote the book he'd get to make money from the screenplay, as well. It's really, really bad, and I wouldn't recommend anyone read it unless they're masochists.

On a related note, has anyone here read Black Friday? I never got around to that one, but heard it's better than the last two Hannibal books.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.