[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

I'm looking for good conspiracy novels, particularly if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: DAnGGRbXcAYcLcZ.jpg (110KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DAnGGRbXcAYcLcZ.jpg
110KB, 1200x675px
I'm looking for good conspiracy novels, particularly if they deal with aliens and government cover-ups.

Something kind of like the original Deus Ex with a little bit of the X-Files thrown in.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks!
>>
File: liu.jpg (44KB, 324x499px) Image search: [Google]
liu.jpg
44KB, 324x499px
>>9814525
this was a great read and this shit still goes on today
>>
>>9814533
That's actually real though. I think this guy wants fiction

Try the Crying of Lot 49 and Foucalt's Pendulum
>>
>>9814533
>>9814571
Thanks! I was looking for more fiction than actual events, but yeah, thanks!
>>
>>9814525
Illuminatus Trilogy is the masterpiece of the genre.
>>
>>9814533
lol
>>
>>9814525
jon ronson's got a couple (them; men who stare at goats)
the air loom gang by mike jay is based around the first documented case of they're controlling me through my filling we all need tin foil hats kind of conspiracy. particularly xfiles, because some of the schizophrenic's story about international political intrigue was true even if the mindcontrol machine probably wasn't.

slightly off the mark ones: sirens of titan by vonnegut, and, our man in havana by greene. first one has kind of aliens and a kind of conspiracy for most of it, second one has a kind of spy ring. both good dark comedies.
>>
>>9814774
should say the first ones are non-fiction but read like the x-files.
the off the mark ones are fiction
>>
>>9814525
Anything Jack Vallee is best for aliens/interdeminsonal beings
>>
Illuminatus!
Foucault's Pendulum
The Magus
Gravity's Rainbow
His Master's Voice

All but the last don't really involve aliens though.
>>
Just woke up, thanks for the recommendations!

I did read Focault's Pendulum some years ago and enjoyed it, so it's good to see it pop up here as well.
>>
>>9814525
Anatoly Fomenko and Gleb Nosovskiy "History: Fiction or Science?"
These books are blow your mind
>>
Thank you all again for your replies!

If anyone has got anything else, or a personal favorite, don't hesitate to mention it as well.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.