[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any pop sci recommendations? Couldn't find such thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1439390836174.jpg (60KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
1439390836174.jpg
60KB, 624x480px
Any pop sci recommendations? Couldn't find such thing on the wiki.
>>
The Selfish Gene
>>
i never liked carl sagan that much, but The Demon-Haunted World was ok.
>>
Quantum - Manjit Kumar

"
" With vigor and elegance, Kumar describes the clash of titans that took place in the world of physics in the early 20th century, between physicists who did and those who did not believe in the quantum—the strange concept that we now know to be the underpinning of reality. The titans in Kumar's account of the conflict are Albert Einstein and Niels Bohr. "
>>
>>9812451
That was one of the first books I ever read. Also, one of the reasons why I like reading anything but novels.

>>9812455
>carl sagan
Memes aside, no Sagan please.
>>
File: ap120615150600_81039_990x742.jpg (237KB, 990x645px) Image search: [Google]
ap120615150600_81039_990x742.jpg
237KB, 990x645px
>>9812462
you'd probably like steve jones. the professor not the sex pistols guitarist. i don't think he's very well known outside the uk. he's like a substitute dawkins on evolutionary matters.

also anything by simon singh or jim al-khalili. for maths stuff look up alex's adventures in numberland.
you could try the road to reality by roger penrose but i'm guessing that fewer than 10% of the people that start it actually finish it.
>>
Gödel Escher Bach by Douglas Hofstadter.

The Emperor's New Mind by Roger Penrose. The main thesis/conclusion is garbage (http://www.scottaaronson.com/writings/captcha.html), but it is a great overview of mathematics, computer science, quantum physics and neural biology.
>>
>>9812444
What are your areas of interest?
>>
>>9812861
I'm into anything, from pure logic and math to biology.

I'd like to read something about game theory, if that's not much to ask. But I'm into anything, from pure logic and math to biology.
>>
>>9812872
The fuck did just happen to my post...
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.