[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to pick up a copy of American Gods. Which edition/cover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: american-gods.jpg (137KB, 665x499px) Image search: [Google]
american-gods.jpg
137KB, 665x499px
I'm about to pick up a copy of American Gods. Which edition/cover is better? Does it matter or is it just your preference?
>>
>>9811177
The Barnes and Noble plastic monstrosity is best.
>>
>>9811177
I have the right and love it but don't talk about AG here you'll get bullied
>>
>>9811220
Is it really? I prefer paperback, and it's cheaper, but if it makes a difference, I'll go with that one.
>>
File: reddit.jpg (18KB, 244x300px) Image search: [Google]
reddit.jpg
18KB, 244x300px
>>9811177
You should get the cover that instructs you how to kill yourself for buying that piece of shit.
>>
>>9811234
I've seen it talked about a couple of times on here but never anything bad other than they didn't particularly like it. What's wrong with it?
>>
>>9811250
I remember about 6 years ago when "Le" was a 4chan thing.
>>
>>9811250
How can you tell anything about me or my preferences based on a book that I have said I haven't read yet and have no opinion on? It may be shit, I don't know.
>>
>>9811251
Let's say is not that bad if you enjoy Hollywood type tropes. The book feels like it was meant to be a movie/tvshow which I believe it is now. Go read something with more depth and you tell us why American Gods is bad.
>>
>>9811256
It is shit and you can only be excused for being interested in it if you're a teenage redditor who doesn't know any better like I was when I read it.
>>
>>9811259
You act like this is the only type of books I read. Can't I experiment and actually read the books to see if I like them and not make preconceptions of books based on what everyone on this board regurgitates?
>>
>>9811177
>reading neil GAYman america faggets
what is this, reddit?
>>
>>9811277
No kid I didn't say that. Read what the fuck you want, all said is that the book is goddam aweful.
>>
>>9811250
>>9811276
>>9811280
If I went on reddit, don't you think I'd be asking this question on reddit?
>>
>>9811253
First it was used sincerely, then ironically, and now it's hated because Reddit and other sites used it sincerely during the ironic phase. Happens with about most things that come out of here.
>>
>>9811320
exactly why you're not excused and should therefore kill yourself.
>>
>>9811361
You've read it and I haven't. By your logic, you should kill yourself.
>>
>>9811343
Wtf using le ironically is gay
>>
File: DFvu3fRXgAALItA.jpg (115KB, 902x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DFvu3fRXgAALItA.jpg
115KB, 902x1200px
>>9811363
I've read it and he's right. its shit.
>>
>>9811363
As I said before, I read it when I was a redditor and didn't know any better. You are on /lit/ so I know you've been exposed to better options. Also I did feel like killing myself after reading that abortion.
>>
>>9813826
Well, I appreciate that you care for my well-being, but me reading it or not has no effect on you as much as you may think otherwise. I asked a question; if you don't have an answer, fuck off.
>>
>>9814094
I do have an answer, it's that you should get the cover that tells you how to kill yourself.
>>
Offer still stands from the other thread. I'll eat 15 copies of American Gods if anyone here can present a cogent takedown.

Bar was previously set at proving it a worse book than Gatsby. I'll go even lower: Prove it's worse than The Long Goodbye.
>>
It's a fun read, used to be my favourite book. I used to think it was srs biz but these days I just enjoy the prose and how comfy it is.
Get the blue one though.
>>
>>9811177
Get the Author's Preferred Text, should be a red cover instead of blue.
>>
>>9811343
I wish 4chan abandoned memes completely and then Reddit and Tumblr would follow and then the whole planet would be improved.

But another "bugs.... easy on the carrots" won't hurt now, will it
>>
>>9811276
> he was a redditor once

Lmao you fucking faggot how about go fuck yourself
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.