[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd like to attract a readership for my fiction. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (965KB, 2048x1356px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
965KB, 2048x1356px
I'd like to attract a readership for my fiction. I've thought about starting a blog. Does anybody have any experience in this? Or perhaps recommendations on blogging platforms?
>>
Bump, I have the same interest.
>>
>>9810793
pic reminds me of a dream I had where I was playing a video game (or maybe it was really happening in the dream idk) where I had to run away from Godzilla who would spawn in a random place in the city and I had to survive. City was like some Japanese city meets LA.
>>
>>9810837

Sounds adrenaline-filled. Closest I've had to a dream like that was being in a three story big midatlantic house in a generic midatlantic neighborhood, but at night and the darkness was so overwhelming that you couldn't see anything, and there were a bunch of silent humanoid creatures that were rustling outside, trying desperately to get in and devour us, while we barricaded doors and monitored the house.
>>
>>9810793
is Japan the coziest place on earth?
>>
Good luck buddy. I've been trying to get readers for five years. I hope you figure something out that works. I've tried blogging and various social media posts. Social media is shit, especially the fucking nimrods on Facebook

Other bloggers (book review bloggers) were always too busy with other books to read mine. One asshole was like: Hey, send me your book in .doc or epub and I'll review it. So I did. Day later I get an email saying he wants a physical copy instead.

You're up against it from the start. A grain of sand on a beach. Good luck.
>>
>>9811489
I am now looking at cheerleader wardrobe malfunctions online because I'm so fucking sick of literature. I'd rather see tits and ass than a page-ful of prose. Fuck it.
>>
File: 1423785811774.png (10KB, 200x131px) Image search: [Google]
1423785811774.png
10KB, 200x131px
>>9811489
>>9811493
Just write some fan fiction on tumbler """ship""" sherlock and alucard or something

One millions notes or whatever
>>
>>9811504
I've thought about doing Devil Hunter Yoko fan fic on Wattpad. Aside from the t&a, it was a funny show.
>>
>>9811527
I love how I make accidental rhymes when I write, but when I write poetry I can't think of a goddamned rhyme to save my miserable life.
>>
File: 1475376051369.jpg (45KB, 460x258px) Image search: [Google]
1475376051369.jpg
45KB, 460x258px
>>9811527
idk it.
>>
So females are the primary set of readers. And I suspect that my books in particular are going to appeal to them. So I've thought about writing teasers on dreamwidth or an archive of our own or some other site specializing in m/m fiction. I like homoerotic manga. Girls like that stuff as well for some reason. And I want to write prose fiction equivalents. Anyway I could link to my blog where I write literary analysis and have short stories, etc. But I'd like a good blogging platform. Is livejournal any good for English speaking audiences? I know medium could get you a sizable audience but doesn't at all suit my tastes. However I'm willing to do it because I need money. Does anybody know of any other way to get an audience? I've heard about social media but I'm really shy and I hate Twitter.
>>
>>9811527
Do you like wattpad? I know I need to get over myself and just do it. Money makes you do shit like that. But I'm an arrogant fuck. I don't know if I'd fit in. I want a large readership but I also like talking about writers I like. Joyce, Wharton, James, etc. I'm going to check it out anyway.
>>
>>9812620
My work has failed there just as bad as everywhere else. But I think WP is mostly fan fiction. The Devil Hunter Yoko ff would be my first try in that arena
>>
>>9810793
Get acquainted with writing communities on Tumblr and reddit and share your original writings in short bursts and at your ability's most accessible.

Then start a blog and begin publishing a chapter each month. If you have something like the martian then you could gain attention quickly by having written something accessible with a lot of action and a sense of humour that attracts hordes of people.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.