[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Got a BA in English >Couldn't find a job >Desperate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1493750558001.jpg (52KB, 395x597px) Image search: [Google]
1493750558001.jpg
52KB, 395x597px
>Got a BA in English
>Couldn't find a job
>Desperate
>Tried to get internships at publishing companies
>"Sorry we only want women and gays capable of being secretaries--shakespeare wannabes need not apply"
>Try to get teaching abroad jobs
>Sorry, we want women and we only pay 2000$ or less a month
>Forced to get into trades
>Treated like crap
>Go into welding technology degree
>Work as a welder
>Co-workers are the bluest of working class
>Begin resenting the leisure and white collar class
>They produce nothing yet feel entitled to everything
>Academia chewed me up, spit me out, and left me in debt with no way out other than manual labour and health deteriorating professions

Who cares about lofty ideals of virtue and the human condition? The only thing that matters is money and power.

Don't believe the sociopaths who smile with pearly whites and convince you that your money is well spent pursuing the liberal arts.
>>
>>9809818
how often do you post this? Every two months or so?

>>the only bad failure's at something you knew wasn't worth doing in the first place
>>
>>9809818
>only 2k a month

mfw living in poverty because dedication to my lit. you didnt want it bad enough faggot
>>
Ayyye. I just finished my English degree and now plan on getting into welding too!
>>
>>9810068
Describe your situation. Sounds interesting
>>
what are you certified to weld?
>>
>>9809818
What is it with the publishing company meme? You presumably spent the last 3-4 years honing your ability to think through and structure arguments. Machines cannot do this. You could be an asset to any company if you dropped the prerequisite that the work must have some tenuous link to books.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.