[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /obscure Christian literature/? Has anyone read pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Who here /obscure Christian literature/? Has anyone read pic related? Is it just Stoicism but with Jesus instead of Jove?

>inb4 some monkfag posts and tells me how this is not obscure at all
Fuck off to your cell.
>>
>>9805114
Seems interesting. Sort of like the trappist monks I sometimes just want to remove myself away to my studies.
>>
>>9806221
a e s c h e t i c
>>
The title of the book is in direct opposition to scripture, which states clearly that your thoughts don't determine your life.

James 4:13-15 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain. Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
>>
>>9807084
>Caring about what the Bible says

What are you, a Protestant? Once you possess Secret Anchorite Mystic Knowledge™ you totally move beyond scripture, dude.
>>
>>9807084
I doubt one of the most revered of elders in the east would contradict the Scripture.

In the original the title is more like "The Way You Think, That Way You Live" or something like that, meaning that if you are virtuous and have God in your thoughts, your life will be a happy one; and that is not contradicting the dogma at all.

And I don't think the passage you quoted is actually about the same thing, it's more about providence which is something else, no?
>>
Interesting article about the man:

http://www.gornahoor.net/?p=6245
>>
>>9807104
This looks like dualistic bullshit
>>
Why do I hear so much about Eastern Christianity here?
>>
>>9807125
Because it lets you LARP as a Russian serf or a wizard hermit.
>>
>>9807102
>>meaning that if you are virtuous and have God in your thoughts, your life will be a happy one; and that is not contradicting the dogma at all.

Heavy contradiction indeed:
Psalm 14:2-3 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Also the entire book of Job goes into the relationship between righteousness and sorrow and how the human brain can't really comprehend it.
>>
>>9807097
I practiced yoga for six years, I doubt I have anything to learn from Anchorites. If they have any secrets (prophesy) one test to see if they're actually from God is that they have to confirm everything in Paul's first letter to the Corinthians (1Cor 14:37) so scripture acts as a touchstone, and Elder Thaddeus seems to been snared by gnosticism along the lines of Eckhardt Tolle, Rev. Matthew Fox, and their number one fan Oprah Winfrey.

2Tim 3: 16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
>>
>>9807333
Paul was a bum.
>>
File: eckhart.jpg (152KB, 659x412px) Image search: [Google]
eckhart.jpg
152KB, 659x412px
Pic related is the GOAT.
>>
>>9807877
His stuff is comfy.
>>
>>9807333
Fellow ex-Orientalist here. I got tired of the New Age hacks proclaiming some "great teaching" that either isn't found in their scriptures or blatantly misrepresents it – made up shit, in other words.

What made you seek Christinaity?
>>
>>9807912
scriptures are made up as well my dear friend
>>
>>9808254
Welcome to heresy
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.