[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that reading books makes you more intelligent than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

Is it true that reading books makes you more intelligent than watching TV or doing any other hobbie?
If so, explain it
>>
There is premise for a thread here, but you failed to grasp it.
So it's shit.
You wrote such a dumb post that I'd need to write at least a thousand characters to get to the subject you originally wanted to make a thread on.
>>
Books force you to use your brain to create images, to logically bridge gaps in your knowledge, and to keep track of complex things. Of course, that also depends on what you're reading in the first place: the more your literature edges towards children's literature, the less you need to exert effort.

Nonetheless, you shouldn't read books for "intelligence". That's just retarded. Read for knowledge or for enjoyment.
>>
>>9804551
Unless you spend your entire day watching historical documentaries, then basically, yes, on the entire basis that when you're watching TV you're filling your head up with useless fluff information (memorizing imagined characters with imagined backstories and imagined relationships, none of it is real or tangible or affects your relationship with the outside world beyond relating to other stupid people that watch the same shit) that is presented in a format of bite-size, digestible pieces that refuse to be expounded upon so that it can presented in concise, 23-minute episodes.

I could go on, but I have to go.
>>
>>9804566
I'll buy that
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.