[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Dostoevsky hold any of the opinions written about in Notes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2241.jpg (57KB, 325x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2241.jpg
57KB, 325x500px
Did Dostoevsky hold any of the opinions written about in Notes From The Underground? Was he, at one time, like the Underground Man?
>>
>>9802620
No. it's a satirical character examination, not a self insert. maybe he did in his youth, maybe not, but the Underground Man was an exploration of the young nihilist character in Crime and Punishment.
It's a critique of the young self-absorbed nihilist "tortured soul" loner that he was seeing a lot of in Russia that time. Turgenev as well, with Fathers and Sons.
You can't fully understand Notes without reading Crime and Punishment
>>
>>9802706
Notes From The Underground is about communism and utopia though? It was scrapped from another book he was writing explicitly against communism, and the character is to show that, while the man appears intelligent and structured, he often acts completely against his own self interest.
>>
>>9802802
It seemed to me that the book was more about how consciousness leads to twisted lines of thinking that makes people act Creul and that people try hard to create structures to live perfectly and happy but the truth is we long ago abandoned true happiness by being corrupted by intelligence and embracing structures for enjoyment that we don't need. Basically the ending of the book says it all treat people how you want to be treated like karma , desu that whole dream sounded like a shroom trip, that's what I interrupted the book as, it really sounded like he was having a shroom trip the way he fell into it like he never was aware of falling asleep and then not being able to describe why truths were revealed to him and how etc and how everything was happy especially. Anyone else get that ??
>>
>>9802821
If I had a pill which could make me fall asleep forever in an indestructible little box for eternity, I'd take it.
>>
>>9802827
You would run out of dreams due to a lack of stimulus that people get in real life it would basically be like death after a while and for eternity I would rather gamble with actual death and see what's on the other side, are dreams really that worth
>>
>>9802839
I do not know
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.