[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /lit/. I'm not well read in classical literature,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: FFK_front_cover.jpg (34KB, 400x619px) Image search: [Google]
FFK_front_cover.jpg
34KB, 400x619px
Hello /lit/.
I'm not well read in classical literature, so I normally just lurk this board in silence.

I just found this fellow though, Jiddu Krishnamurti.

Could I prompt a discussion on his works?
I'd love to hear someone's thoughts.
>>
>>9801605
I read Freedom from the known, thought it was full of evident thoughts put in a snide manner. Maybe I don't 'get' him,
>>
>>9801605
who knows about gardjieff?
>>
>>9801605
>not well read in classical literature
>got into Jiddu Krishnamurti
haha you don't say
here's some advice: avoid anything in the sage/guru tradition of the dispensation of pithy and ostensibly profound "wisdom" -- read some philosophy where you actually have to make a case for your "insights"
>>
>>9801605
I like him, he uses a Socratic-type method to break down stubborn egos in an attempt to enlighten the idiot masses. Didn't work of course, but a noble effort.

Protip: if you don't get him you're a hopeless case, may as well worship Sam Harris or Jesus while you wait for your pointless existence to end.
>>
>>9801676
>pointless existence

Spooky. I bet you're white.
>>
>>9801605
Krishnamurti is fantastic. It's important, though, to see him as a philosopher and not a guru. Despite the lecture format in which he did most of his teaching, he cannot really be understood if you see him as some sort of mystic wise old teacher from ancient India... and all those myths. He's actually an extremely modern, secular philosopher. Also, be aware that he was not some squeaky clean figure in his personal life. Read up on his relationship with Rosalind Rajagopal.
He was a flawed man, not some sort of ascended sage.
However, what he had to say is extremely penetrating. Fundamentally, he insisted on the necessity of unfragmented, unbiased understanding to solve human problems. In this way, he was extremely scientific.
>>
>>9801720
Yes, the aura of the Aryan master race and its morality shines through all barriers and across all distances. Whine and subvert more, inferior slave, I'm sure it will really pester me to no end.
>>
>>9801730
he's not a philosopher -- he doesn't argue for his view
he's just as much of a guru type as those he criticizes for being dogmatic
he doesn't get a pass just because he claimed that his insights were actually anti-insights and that his guru status was actually an anti-guru status
>>
>>9801748
>he's not a philosopher -- he doesn't argue for his view
What are you talking about? Basically everything he says is him arguing for his view.
>>
>>9801734
get laid you virgin faggot
>>
I think it's important to understand that he was groomed from an early age to become an 'ascended master' avatar in the tradition of the Theosophical Society. Afraid I don't have much else to offer there.
>>
>>9801756
nope
saged
fuck off
>>
>>9801764
I will as soon as my wife comes home and finishes making me dinner. Thank you for the reminder.
>>
>>9801786
Thanks for showing me how stupid you are
>>
>>9801788
Please forgive me for engaging you with my very inferior 140 IQ, I know there are much greater intellects here to converse with. And I've only read around 2000 books, including 6 by Krishnamurti, what am I even doing here?

I know, you don't like me because you still think the good guys won WWII, right?
>>
>>9801605
>I'd love to hear someone's thoughts.

As soon as I have thoughts, we become separate beings. This is how wars start.

t. Krishnamurti
>>
File: IMG_0666.jpg (51KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0666.jpg
51KB, 625x626px
>>9801828
>>
>>9801876
(Believe it or not, I do this for a living)
>>
>>9801856
Krishnamurti isn't against rational, scientific understanding of reality. He's against thinking with the fragmented egoic "center", more like.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.