[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

post cool behind-the-scenes info about the composition of your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (136KB, 723x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 723x900px
post cool behind-the-scenes info about the composition of your favourite books

I'll start: Joyce was going blind for much of the writing of Finnegans Wake, so some of it was written via dictation to a young Samuel Beckett. Once, mid-dictation, someone knocked on the door and was allowed to enter. Later, as Beckett was reading back the day's work to Joyce, the phrase 'come in' appeared midsentence for no apparent reason - Beckett had accidentally written down Joyce's invitation. Joyce considered this for a moment, and then said, 'Let it stand.'
>>
>>9801423
LOL SO RANDUMB

Joyce was such a fucking hack
>>
>>9801538
he was insane at this point
>inb4 >at this point
>>
>>9801538
Lol what? It's the same as a painter making a mistake and then leaving it in because it adds something more to the composition. Sometimes being spontaneous produces better art. It has nothing to do with being random.
>>
>>9801538
A man of genius never makes mistakes. His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.
>>
>>9801423
jim.. easy on the afro
>>
>>9801985
fucking KEK
>>
what's with the afro?
>>
>tfw you realize that Joyce was secretly a black man all along
>>
>>9801993
>>9801992
>>9801985
WE
>>
>>9801985
lmfao
>>
File: 1500835733649.png (162KB, 386x471px) Image search: [Google]
1500835733649.png
162KB, 386x471px
>>9801423
>wanted to read finnegans wake for a long time
>order it and start reading IJ, as (not american) imported books usually takes 1~2 months to arrive
>finnegans wake surprisingly arrives 200 pages into IJ, but now will have to finish it
>>
>>9802023
Damn I would NOT recommend reading multiple meme tomes in succession, I've seen it happen and it's not pretty I can tell you
>>
>>9801423

Nice afro, Joyce! How you doin my fellow potato-nigga?
>>
>>9802024
yea, I will take a break from it with some national lit and some greek plays before I tackle finnegans wake
>>
File: 1048288.jpg (34KB, 261x400px) Image search: [Google]
1048288.jpg
34KB, 261x400px
>He traveled deep into the earth through his meditative powers to the lair of the nāga king, who had been entrusted by the Buddha with the Prajñā Pāramitā Sutras. Seeing that Nagarjuna was the one prophesied by Gautama who would "give vast and perfect explanations of the Buddha's teachings", he gave these texts to him to bring back to the surface.
>>
>>9801985
Giggling
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.