[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is some good story book that made you escape the suffering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 20170605_161849.jpg (193KB, 1024x556px) Image search: [Google]
20170605_161849.jpg
193KB, 1024x556px
What is some good story book that made you escape the suffering of real world and made you keep wanting to continue to read (binge reading books)?
>>
Isn't that the point of the fantasy genre?
>>
>>9799439
yes, do u have any personal favorites?
>>
>>9799446
Start with Tolkien.
>>
>>9799450
good recommendation, ive already read some of his books, got other like it? should i read norwegian wood or is it meme tier?
>>
>>9799464
It's pretty good, check out the wiki for recommendations.
>>
>>9799470
im on my phone in a third world country with slow as fuck internet, could you give me link so i dint have to load 5 pages to get there?
>>
>>9799475
http://4chanlit.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_Reading/Genre_fiction
>>
>>9799509
thanks a ton
>>
>>9799446
David Eddings
The Belgariad and The Mallorean cycles
Remember when I first read it at16, didn't come down for three weeks, everything in my life faded in the background, I was living in the book, best feeling ever
>>
Shibumi
Shogun
Taipan
>>
If you never got around to reading Jurassic Park, you should. There's a surprising amount of real science and the image of the wet jungles is like a mental vacation from my constant anxiety.
>>
>>9799430
MARIE!!! git muh gun.

A Song of Ice and Fire
>>
>>9799430
I felt like that only when I read fantasy and sci-fi books when I was a young lad. I could spend whole night reading, and I would read whenever I could, the events in the book would be much more interesting and important than real life events. Every time after finishing a book I would feel really sad, and I would miss the characters.

But honestly I think that it was rather because I was a child, and not because those books that I was reading were good. I think that books that have interesting, gripping story and leave enough for imagination are good for such reading. But again, I felt it that strong only back in my childhood, while reading fantasy, historical fiction or sci-fi.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.