[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished reading Forbidden colors. AMA. Also rec more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 8262635035_da3c10ddf1_b.jpg (240KB, 623x1024px) Image search: [Google]
8262635035_da3c10ddf1_b.jpg
240KB, 623x1024px
Just finished reading Forbidden colors. AMA. Also rec more quality homo lit
>>
>>9797945
I thought the last third of the book dragged on a bit. Were you satisfied with the plot and how things progressed?
Who was your favorite character and why?
What did you think about Shunsuke's note and actions at the end?
>>
>>9798153
I had honestly hoped that yuichi would have ran away with the the kid he had met at the aviary that was being abused by his " foster father" and I found it really fucking dickish the way he returned the money and him back to the guy, it made me really dislike yuichi despite him being my favorite character. I did enjoy how he became an intimate friend with Mrs.Kaburagi. I thought the actions at the end were beautiful and justified, especially since yuichi was emotionally touched by it
>>
>>9798194
Nice. I generally agree with what you said. Of course, Yuichi is an interesting example of how someone who is handsome in a domineering way (I think he's described as having characteristics like a wolf--not in like a furry way, but as a metaphor for how stern he looks, Mishima says it a lot better than I just did), without really having those traits by default. People are able to lead him around and occasionally coax that side out of him. His "masculine power" is given to him by everyone else, and Mishima seems to say in FC that this is at the heart of what beauty is, a kind of photosynthesis.

I should probably re-read it. It easily belongs in his top tier of starter books, along with Temple of the Golden Pavilion and Spring Snow.
>>
File: essential_homo_lit.jpg (2MB, 2900x3900px) Image search: [Google]
essential_homo_lit.jpg
2MB, 2900x3900px
is this list i made good and worthwhile or does it kill discussion by suggesting an arbitrary amateur-"canon" that will result in the same books being brought up every thread and overlooking others just like how the "right wing lit" image has brought attention to some cool niche stuff but also inflated the knowledge of some strange picks to the detriment of others
>>
>>9798271
It's certainly an amateur pseudo-canon, but it's not unhelpful. I'm no expert but I agree with a lot of what's on there being on there. I guess the whole "essential X" this kind of annoys me, but it's certainly a good list for recommendations.
>>
>>9798293
yeah, essential is retarded and i tacked it on out of imitation. also the description seems contrived and over-serious. might redo it more casually.
>>
>>9798265
>His "masculine power" is given to him by everyone else, and Mishima seems to say in FC that this is at the heart of what beauty is, a kind of photosynthesis.
this is a really great way of putting it, nicely said
>>9798271
I think this is a good list, we just know there has to be more
>>
>>9797945
What colours were forbidden?
>>
>>9799629
color of boipussi
>>
>>9799673
kek
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.