[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nietzsche once claimed that when it comes to philosophical talent,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: inda.gif (4KB, 437x211px) Image search: [Google]
inda.gif
4KB, 437x211px
Nietzsche once claimed that when it comes to philosophical talent, India is first, and England is last (worst). He also claimed that Europe has not yet reached the level of spirituality that India had reached thousands of years ago.

/lit/ likes to talk about the Bible a lot, it's become almost a meme, we all seem to agree Bible is a source of wisdom.

But comparing the ancient Indian Indo-European civilization with the Jewish one, to see the spiritual level they were at.

Deuteronomy was written in 7th century BC (according to scholars). It has stuff like:

>You may eat any animal that has a split hoof divided in two and that chews the cud. However, of those that chew the cud or that have a split hoof completely divided you may not eat the camel, the rabbit, or the coney.

A veritable pearl of wisdom.

TWO CENTURIES before that in the 9th century BC, the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad had already been composed. Sample from the text:

>"That (Brahman) is infinite, and this (universe) is infinite. the infinite proceeds from the infinite.
>(Then) taking the infinitude of the infinite (universe), it remains as the infinite (Brahman) alone."

One text deals with stuff like what you can eat and where you can put your penis, the absolute retardation probably due to excessive exposure to sun of the desert man can be felt on every page of the Bible.

On the other hand, the Indian text of the time show a philosophical depth of a Kant or a Hegel. Schopenhauer said that the re-discovery of the Upanishads by Europe is comparable to the rediscovery of ancient Greek materials in the Renaissance. He said it's by far the most profound material he's ever read.

Question: Why do we still waste so much time & energy with Desert Trilogy when our own, Indo-European heritage, is so much more richer and profound?
>>
The idea is that the Bible and Christian nations (European) have been very successful whereas India peaked a long time ago "ye shall know a tree by the fruits it yields"
>>
That's not philosophy, it's weed ramblings.
>>
The universe isn't infinite. Anon you can't even cherry pick correctly.
>>
>>9794854
The Lord my God has told my ancestors which foods they may eat. Out of your entire litter of gods and godlets not one bothered to indicate to you where to shit.
>>
>>9794870
The nations that had a Christian religion began being succesful after more than 1000 years of intense Christianity, when they started to become detached from it.
>>
>>9794854
>our own, Indo-European heritage is so much richer..
WE
WUZ
BRAHMAN
>>
A metaphysics also exists in the Abrahamic scriptures. Otherwise there wouldn't be thousands of years of Jewish, Christian, and Muslim theology. Extracting it is only a bit more difficult than interpreting Vedic texts, and requires the application of Plato.
>>
File: robert-downey-jr-rolls-eyes.jpg (20KB, 418x418px) Image search: [Google]
robert-downey-jr-rolls-eyes.jpg
20KB, 418x418px
>Nietzsche
>>
>>9794893
Idk still compare modern Europe to modern India; Vedas are amazing works of literature and I think better for the individual than the Bible by far, but organizing society that way has not proven successful in the long run. Also the caste system is bullshit to a western. That is why Buddhism is more popular.
>>
In terms of a guide to cultivating personal spirituality, the Gita is thousands of years ahead of anything ever produced in the Abrahamic tradition.
>>
All that philosophy and they couldn't figure out that poo goes in the loo.
>>
>>9794946
>personal spirituality
Well, there's your mistake, right there.
>>
>>9794913
>Western ciilization has no caste system

>>9794854
Deuteronomy has it's redeemable parts. I like to quote The Law of The Tithe on hardcore christians who tell me I shouldnt drink while they stuff all their money into preacher's pockets
>>
I hate you larping shitskin nigger indians and your autistic undeserved nationalism.

You are not Indo-European and you have no relation to the Aryans that produced all ancient Indian accomplishments. You filthy Dravidian subhumans need to go back into the jungle.
>>
>>9794913
The subcontinent was known for being fucking rich and a source of huge amounts of trade goods actually. Why do you think it was colonized and exploited by the Brits? Colonization had a huge impact on India, which is seen very clearly today.

If anything, Christian society seems to have bred success in being warlike and invading other places. I'm being facetious, because this incredibly broad analysis of how a religion affects success is fruitless.
>>
>>9794854
The Indian "bible" literally begins with:

"[Whatever the fuck their Original God's name was before he split in two] burst forth from the universe, as though fire from a vagina.(sic)"

Plus, Indian's shit in the street because they think there's witches living in toilets.
>>
File: medievals were better than you.png (194KB, 1251x585px) Image search: [Google]
medievals were better than you.png
194KB, 1251x585px
>>9794893
Oh look, it's yet another "medievals didn't no nuffin" poster
>>
File: 1937 fleet review.jpg (383KB, 1856x1159px) Image search: [Google]
1937 fleet review.jpg
383KB, 1856x1159px
>>9795891

India was warlike too.

The only reason the East India Company was so successful was because of the ridiculous level of petty in-fighting between all the small indian kingdoms. the Eternal Anglo played them all against each other while slowly conquering all

all the imperial conquest, all the gold, tea and opium even wasn't the key to britain's success: it was her peerless navy and immense industrial might. in 1851 Britain hosted the majority of the world's heavy industry and the majority of the world's manufacturing as well as being the Saudi Arabia of Coal.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.