[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>because philosophy >best mythology >best epics >best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: Heracles.jpg (35KB, 220x452px) Image search: [Google]
Heracles.jpg
35KB, 220x452px
>because philosophy
>best mythology
>best epics
>best ethics
>best tragedies

Give me one single reason why I should ever move beyond the Greeks.
>>
The fact that you're posting on the internet in English means you already have
>>
>>9794839
Later thinkers better encapsulated the spirits of their times. The Greeks are great, but many modern thinkers like Nietzsche, Schopenhauer, and Hegel, are appropriate in their own ways for understanding our place in history and the current world around us.
>>
>>9794839
Not enough works.
>>
>>9794839
Emperor Nero, please go home, you are drunk... Again.
Tomorrow we will go to Neapolis, you are going to sing in the theatre.
>>
>>9794839
The Germans are pretty good too because their societies both faced similar issues, just in different time periods. Nietzsche was the German Socrates.
>>
>>9794839
There are like 8000 pages of the greeks, you can't spend your whole life just rereading them.
>>
>>9794839

heracles.. easy on the abs
>>
>>9794839
They are not beloved for being the best, they are beloved for being the foundation.

Stop shitposting you unrepentant pseud.
>>
The Romans were bigger guys
Mars > Ares
>>
>>9794839
>kept slaves
>fucked kids buttholes
no thanks, Greece was degenerate
>>
>>9795155
Pedaresty and slavery is redpilled as fuck. Now, take off your pants my little catamite
>>
>>9795162
take one step anywhere near my kids or my property and I will blow your fucking head off with my shotgun I SWEAR TO GOD
>>
>>9795155
Every culture kept slaves.
>>
>>9795212
only one culture freed them
>>
>>9795294
...that's not true.
>>
File: asus.jpg (41KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
asus.jpg
41KB, 500x361px
enjoy your monophonic music
alone
>>
>>9794839
>Give me one single reason why I should ever move beyond the Greeks.
There's not that much to read.

Plus the Romans are almost as good.
>>
>>9795315
Name me one culture besides the West that freed all slaves willingly and permanently.
>>
>>9795454
China, several times.

Also slavery still exists in western (and other) countries bro.
>>
>>9795454
We use slave labor from 3rd world countries to make our shitty trinkets. Slavery is alive and well in the West, you just don't want to acknowledge it.
>>
>>9795479
>permanently
>several times
Good cognitive dissonance.

>>9795492
>3rd world countries
>the West
Good cognitive dissonance.

The West wins again.
>>
>>9795560
>slavery makes us uncomfortable
>lets buy our shit from countries that still use slaves so we don't have to SEE them
That's cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>9795560
>he thinks there aren't literal slaves within a 50 mile radius of him right now
Keking my balls off at your naïveté
>>
>>9795603
>It's the west's fault that we haven't nuked every slaveholding state in the world.
>>9795613
>It's the west's fault that systematically banning slavery hasn't stopped criminals from occasionally holding slaves before they are apprehended.
Hahaha go back to your Pizzagate conspiracies maggot.
>>
>>9795636
No, but it's the wests fault for allowing corporations to outsource their manufacturing to slave states.
>>
>>9795639
>China freed their slaves a few times so the West isn't accomplished
>China is a slave state which is the West's fault
Oh lord I CANNOT FATHOM THIS AMOUNT OF COGNITIVE DISSONANCE KEK
>>
>>9795639
ding ding ding. We have the correct answer.
>>
>>9795647
You couldn't possibly be this stupid. Nice shitposting, anon.
>>
>>9795639
It's called conquest, anon. Maybe you don't get that. Do you know how much a calculator costed in the 80s? Hundreds of dollars, now they are 50cents. You make it sound like slavery is a bad thing. It's not like we're the slave holders. In a sense, we get to have our cake and eat it too. Grow up.
>>
>>9795680
>consuming the fruit of slavery is fine as long as I personally don't own slaves, I'm better than slavers even though I finance their existence
>>
>>9795710
You make it seem like slavery is less moral somehow. In a society where slaves don't exist, people who would ordinarily be slaves are now exploited by there own freedom, they are living in poverty and starving. Do you think a slave owner would ever let his slaves starve? Not a chance, in fact, it would be against a slave owners interests to even harm his slaves. Wouldn't you rather treat them as family than to pulverize them into the dirt creating resentment and hostility? You have a naive and accidentally inhumane outlook on life, anon. Grow up.
>>
File: wizard5.jpg (316KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
wizard5.jpg
316KB, 720x540px
>>9795164
>implying I need to come near you to destroy all you love
>>
>>9795668
>he made me uncomfortable because he exposed my cognitive dissonance
>only an idiot would make me feel that way!
n-no y-you're the sh-shitposter
>>
>>9795636
>>9795560
>>9795294

shows over guys its just a retarded troll
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.