[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is "Seemed easier than just to wait around and die"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 94+tvz+6+5+77-4x6-c+khoge.jpg (90KB, 1600x1130px) Image search: [Google]
94+tvz+6+5+77-4x6-c+khoge.jpg
90KB, 1600x1130px
Is "Seemed easier than just to wait around and die" the most existentialist statement ever made?
>>
No.
>>
>>9794075
At least get the lyric right if you're going to make a shitty thread about it.
>>
>>9794075
No. Existentialism does not equal edgy fatalistic nihilism.
>>
>>9794136
That line is pretty far from it tho good anon
>>
>>9794075
What seemed easier than just to wait around and die? Because nothing seems easier than that to me right now.
>>
>>9794377
Sometimes I don't know where
This dirty road is taking me
Sometimes I can't even see the reason why
I guess I keep a-gamblin'
Lots of booze and lots of ramblin'
It's easier than just waitin' around to die

One time, friends, I had a ma
I even had a pa
He beat her with a belt once 'cause she cried
She told him to take care of me
Headed down to Tennessee
It's easier than just waitin' around to die

I came of age and I found a girl
In a Tuscaloosa bar
She cleaned me out and hit in on the sly
I tried to kill the pain, bought some wine
And hopped a train
Seemed easier than just waitin' around to die

A friend said he knew
Where some easy money was
We robbed a man, and brother did we fly
The posse caught up with me
And drug me back to Muskogee
It's two long years I've been waitin' around to die

Now I'm out of prison
I got me a friend at last
He don't drink or steal or cheat or lie
His name's Codine
He's the nicest thing I've seen
Together we're gonna wait around and die
Together we're gonna wait around and die
>>
he made poor old seymour cry with this song
>>
>>9794525
One of the biographies about him that I read seemed sure Uncle Seymour was crying because Townes belittled him on camera right before he started playing the song, actually. Van Zandt was an asshole to everyone he knew, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.
>>
>>9794565
black """"men"""" BTFO
>>
>>9794565
Which biography? I'm reading A Deeper Blue and it depicts an extremely bipolar and sensitive person who went from extreme sociability and lifeofthepartyness to seeing absolutely no one in weeks
>>
>>9794075
Townes Van Zandt is amazing.
>>
>>9794383
I love TVZ
>>
>>9795087
interviews with people like kris kristofferson and and steve earle make townes sound like a huge asshole who you couldn't help but love
>>
>>9795087
I'm kind of embarrassed to say I don't remember which. It was either later in A Deeper Blue, To Live's to Fly: The Ballad of Townes Van Zandt, I'll Be Here in the Morning: The Songwriting Legacy of Townes Van Zandt or the booklet that came with the Heartworn Highways boxset last year. Townes actually reminds me a lot of John Lennon in some ways. (If you care about nonfiction spoilers you should stop reading) He was neglectful of son the first ten or so years of the boy's life and then could be very mean to the kid, calling him an idiot when he misnamed a kind of bird, he had sex with Rodney Crowell's then-girlfriend in a recording studio...while Rodney Crowell was recording an album upstairs (and somehow beyond all odds was still friends with Rodney), I'm sure you know about the Steve Earle russian roulette pistol story by now, etc. Obviously a very talented, sensitive and charming man but he could be a bastard.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.