[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> The writing was dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: harold-bloom.jpg (9KB, 350x490px) Image search: [Google]
harold-bloom.jpg
9KB, 350x490px
> The writing was dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character stretched his legs’. I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling’s mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Legs.. easy on the stretching

Was he right?
>>
File: MOMMY.jpg (160KB, 740x1084px) Image search: [Google]
MOMMY.jpg
160KB, 740x1084px
>>9793813
how can he talk about mommy like that?
>>
>can't formulate an argument
>take an author's argument out of context and pretend it's my own
>>
>>9793827
If I sucked the milk from her teats would I become a famous author?
>>
>>9794215
That's how I form all my opinions!
>>
>>9793813

>The first book (which is widely regarded as the best)

Where the fuck did Bloom get that from? The most commonly accepted best Harry Potter books are 3, 4, or 7. I literally never hear people say the first one was the best one.
>>
I never actually read Harry Potter but wasn't this found to be a flat out lie? That "stretched his legs" showed up maybe once in the book?
>>
File: 1500763222771.png (249KB, 248x459px) Image search: [Google]
1500763222771.png
249KB, 248x459px
>>9793813
>Legs... easy on the stretching
>>
>>9794224
Your writing would be extremely painful.
>>
>>9794410
I think you mean
>legs.. easy on the stretching
>>
>>9794336
I think it was over emphasized, also it wasn't the first book he read.
>>
>>9794312
7???
7???????

It's 3,4 or 6.
7 was a mistake, especially the epilogue.
>>
>>9794410
>...
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.