[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the word that describes the feeling of being sad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1499715321470.jpg (59KB, 736x497px) Image search: [Google]
1499715321470.jpg
59KB, 736x497px
What's the word that describes the feeling of being sad and miserable when everyone around you is happy and laughing?

It usually happens as a result of celebrations like weddings, birthdays, graduations, etcetera.
>>
autism
>>
>>9793487
Very cool pic
>>
Envy or bitterness?
I am the same way and I also have a superiority complex which you might have as well.
>>
>>9793487
Hmm. Maybe there needs to be a word for this. Anyone know Latin? It's neologism time bois
>>
>>9793487
my life
>>
>>9793506

Happy > laeta (for the ocasion)
Sad > tristis (for the personal feeling/mood)

Laetatristis

Anglicised pronunciation: lay-ah-tah-tris-tis

Look at me, Latin pro

Jk, googled shit
>>
>>9793548
Hmmm...it's got a nice sound to it
>>
autism
>>
>>9793548
>Anglicised pronunciation: lay-ah-tah-tris-tis

Lie-ta-tris-tis
>>
>>9793548
Not bad. Can any kraut make an antonym of Schadenfreude?
>>
>>9793487
>when everyone around you is happy and laughing?

let me translate that for you: when everyone around you is abiding by their programming in a shallow circumscribed uncreative cultural action in a lazy attempt to find joy while you are fraught with an illness of awareness, which is the first step towards a greater sphere and depth of experience that all those now "laughing it up" will eventually have to pass through the same as you. You earlier, them later. Nothing to be depressed about.
>>
Aloof, jaded, indifferent, disconnected, numb, glum?
>>
>>9793897
>antonym of Schadenfreude
What exactly do you want? Schadenfreude means you're happy about something bad happening to someone else. So what does the antonym mean? Being unhappy about something bad happening to someone else? That's compassion. Being unhappy about something good happening to someone else? That's envy.

Schaden means damage, Freude means happiness.

Maybe Glückstrauer: Glück means luck and Trauer means sadness.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.