[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people say drug usage leads to creativity? I've had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Why do people say drug usage leads to creativity? I've had had pot, edibles, cigarettes, alcohol, cough syrup, cocaine, heroin and acid and have yet to experience any growth in creativity. Is it just a meme a that stoners use to justify their habits?
>>
it's mostly a meme but at the same time if you can smoke pot and take psychedelics without feeling anything like creativity you're probably a really boring person
>>
>>9793031
The Beatles, for example, took drugs such as LSD and were hence inspired to produce albums such as Magical Mystery Tour. (Though they obviously did not record while high) However, other musicians such as Frank Zappa, who was arguably just as creative as the Beatles, swore off the use of drugs as enhancers of talent. The common element between them is that both groups possessed talent beforehand. Drugs may enhance creativity by relaxation, as did Eddie Hazel on the titular Maggot Brain guitar solo (one of the greatest guitar solos), but talent has to be native first. Otherwise, there's nothing to enhance.
>>
>>9793031
Creative people create. They work really hard. Coke helps you stay up, alcohol relaxes, heroin helps with anxiety, etc. They enhance performance because the human body and spirit is liable to fatigue and other difficulties. Also, an addiction is something that will force you through some very awful self-appraisal and that in itself is good. There are other ways but an addiction gets you in touch with it on a more visceral or primal level, precognitive i guess. I don't recommend it, the hell of recovering from addiction, of readjusting to reality in its full effect cannot be overstated. On the other hand Anton Artaud said: It isn't morphine that makes me work, but its absence, only for it to be absent it must from time to time be present.
>>9793040
>frank Zappa
Fucking maymay music
>>
creativity reacts to things. go for a walk in the forest and see lots of sights and you'll feel creative. drugs let you see familiar surroundings or think familiar thoughts in new ways. they give your creativity something to work against. they can also have the effect of lowering your inhibitions and self-criticism so you more freely let ideas guide you. but a no talent nobody on drugs is still going to have no talent.

tldr:they can but go for a walk instead
>>
>>9793031
Creative people tend to be the type who experiment with drugs. However, experimenting with drugs will not make you creative (with the exception of psychedelics which may make you temporarily creative).
>>
>>9793327
this is true. same logic debunks the "gateway drug theory".

the kind of people who are going to do hard drugs are going to do hard drugs. they will also start with easy drugs.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.