[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is Grothendieck often considered the greatest mathematician

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: grothendieck.jpg (23KB, 460x536px) Image search: [Google]
grothendieck.jpg
23KB, 460x536px
yet the average high school humanities major is more intelligent than him

would you agree with this premise?
>>
Grothendieck was fun. Read up on his life when you're done with your daily shitposting and lifewasting on /lit/.
>>
Why the fuck would I agree with that premise? Is it supposed to be obvious?
>>
>>9791701
Yet another brainlet pissed off that the shithole that is /sci/ made a fool of him, I see.
>>
>>9791831
>>9791831
what did sci do? They loved him the last time I checked
>>
File: albert-einstein.jpg (142KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
albert-einstein.jpg
142KB, 1200x1200px
yet the average person who majors in humanities while in high school is more intelligent than him

would you agree with this premise?
>>
>>9791877
actually if you pay attention to what was happening in the 20th century there was a bizarre influx of "jewish geniuses" from eastern europe, but if you trace their academic records, they seem to have unusual careers, like getting into phd programs despite dropping out of undergrad in their home countries etc. or not being able to do the math in their phd thesis and having to have grad students do it which is then written off as "a genius who was at times sloppy with his work" etc. the first one or two, i was like wow these guys are just such geniuses they don't even have to do an undergrad to get a phd and they don't even have to correctly solve the equations in their phd thesis, wow, but then after you start to see a pattern it's like wait a fucking minute something is up here
>>
File: f.jpg (61KB, 349x470px) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
61KB, 349x470px
>>9791701
Long lost brothers?
>>
>>9791895
what... what are you suggesting. Is all higher math/physics a ruse?
>>
>>9791895
im pretty sure this is false
>>
>>9791895
im high and i really dont get what youre implying, that there was affirmative action for the new american jews? that they didnt deserve it and didnt come up with the theory of relativity?
>>
>>9791895

Grothendieck wasn't even Jewish, you stupid cunt.
>>
>>9791895

France, Austria, Switzerland, and Germany are not in Eastern Europe.
>>
>>9791895
Bait
>>
>>9792008
What? His father was a Hasidic Jew
>>
>>9792001
Ethnic nepotism + plagiarism
>>
>>9791844
He meant OP.
>>
mathematics is its own system. he was just good at that system.
>>
>>9792576

His father was from a Hassidic family which he broke contact with in his teens. His mom was a Protestant. 'Jewishness' is matrilineal. Grothendieck had little if any association with Jews outside of his (political) internment and later professional life. He spent a good deal of his youth in the company of pacifist Protestant groups.
>>
>>9791701
>Grothendick
>>
>>9792600

He wasn't only good at it, he revolutionized it. That makes him a genius right?
>>
>>9791895

Back to /pol/
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.