[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I read to stop disdaining everyone and everything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

What should I read to stop disdaining everyone and everything? I am a hopeless misanthropist, and am stuck in an ever descending spiral of perpetually seeing the worst in people and hating them and myself in the process. I feel that I am able to empathize with people, but the way that they act makes me hate them nonetheless, and my hating makes me hate myself. I already have a therapist, which isn't helping, and I have also been laid many times, so you don't have to say this. I would prefer if we talk about literature that can solve these problems, that can restore a sense of love for people and optimism in the world. No Christian lit please.
>>
>>9791131
take psychedelic mushrooms
>>
Just keep hating them.
>>
>>9791144
fuck you
>>
>>9791145
this
>>
Try reading Jean-Marie Guyau's "Sketch of an Ethics without Obligation or Sanction" he's like nietzsche but without the schopenhauerian pessimism aspect
>>
>>9791131
>>9791145
>not getting redpilled and just hating women, minorities and liberals

cuck
>>
>>9791131
>no Christian lit
Honestly Bro I think this problem is inherent in anyone who isn't a Christian
>>
>>9791131
>I am a hopeless misanthropist
Bazinga.
>>
>>9792993
It's not true for me. I've never been religious and I've always felt a love for others and an optimistic view of the world.
>>
>>9793013
>I've never been religious

That might be why. Were you raised athiest?
>optimistic view of the world
You're gonna need to elaborate on that
>>
>>9791131
>no Christian lit

tbhwy edgybro The Bible's ability to instill compassion has not been surpassed in 1800 years. be good for goodness sake. thinkerfags like kneechee or weebgenstein are just reactionaries who can't handle the holy word and invented new ways to misinterpret reality
>>
>>9791131
I know you said no Christian lit, but read Kierkegaard's Either/Or. It's not christian at all and you can keep being a nihilist and still realize that the only thing you're gonna get here is connections with other people. You have to put the effort in though, so instead of putting the blame on others, you can start hating yourself.

Honest advice: read actual pessimists such as Schopenhauer and Houellebecq. Either you'll disagree which means you found at least one way out of pessimism, or you agree and then you'll at least have a more refined outlook.
>>
>>9793026
>That might be why. Were you raised athiest?
Not really, my parents just stopped taking me to church before religious belief could crystallize in my mind. I don't know why they did that but I never ended up having any religious beliefs. It was also rarely mentioned as a topic at home.

>>optimistic view of the world
>You're gonna need to elaborate on that
OP is the one who used these terms first, I'm just following the way the discussion has been laid out already. I consider optimism in my understanding to basically be the belief that there is a great amount of pleasure, joy, and other good things in the world and where there isn't, there's a good possibility of feasibly changing this situation. I think there are biological/psychological arguments for the excess of joy in the world and the possibility of effective change is a clear consequence of the already present changing nature of the world in addition to the mental powers we have available to bend this changing nature to our will(s).
>>
>>9791131
Recognize that this is a defense mechanism to make you feel good about yourself, e.g.:

>"Man, I may not be perfect, but at least I'm not a fucking loser like these dumb normies. I'm unique/special/intellectually honest."

Maybe the above doesn't match your viewpoint word for word, but the particulars aren't really important. What's important is that being hooked on disdain for people is a crutch, and a substitute for actual self-improvement and more ruthless self-examination. True intellectuals see you as a pseud. Hopefully this viewpoint motivates you to change.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.