[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

authors who have inspired copypastas that are more literary than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: mfw i see some audience pusy.jpg (47KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
mfw i see some audience pusy.jpg
47KB, 300x300px
authors who have inspired copypastas that are more literary than anything they ever wrote
>>
make it so you have to post the copypasta as well
>>
>>9789162
ok

>>9789151
you have to post the copypasta as well or the diligent mods will be alerted and no doubt ban you
>>
>>9789164
You first
>>
Just came by to say that this is the worst thread up right now.
>>
>>9789245
>he doesn't know how to sage
LMAO
>>
>>9789245
Saddest people part is that it had the most potential
>>
>>9789164
Gotchu senpai
>Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace. IQ tests are unreliable with scores beyond 200, and we're talking about a man with an estimated IQ score of 250, 300, possibly higher. His masterpiece, Infinite Jest, is a shoe-in for greatest book of all time by anyone who has ever read it completely and truly paid close attention on every page. 99% of people who try reading it will give up less than halfway through, because it's too long, they're not paying close enough attention to what they've already read in it, and they more just want to say they finished the book than actually understand the messages. It is for this reason that Infinite Jest has such a negative connotation from most people, while amassing an extremely active cult-following amongst those who have the testicular fortitude to actually follow through with reading the entire book, so do not go by the down votes on reddit regarding Infinite Jest posts. Regarding how it builds your inteligence: To finish the book with full attention paid to it in itself will build mental strength and discipline to accomplish most mental tasks within reason. There are hundreds of "sections" instead of chapters, and if you are reading them closely enough and understanding the messages David Foster Wallace is sending you, you should have an existential crisis followed by a life altering realization for every single section. And every time you re-read Infinite Jest, you will find something you missed, the same phenomenon will occur, in a wonderfully vicious endless cycle, truly living up to the "infinite" theme of the book in a very practical way -- the brilliance of DFW. Upon your first genuine completion of Infinite Jest it is safe to assume you are in the top 1% of most knowledgeable and enlightened humans to ever live. The second time around - top .01%, and increasing exponentially upon each reading. There really should be a survey done on the levels of happiness/stress-reduction and success in peoples lives before and after reading Infinite Jest - it's rumored that 92% of Fortune 500 CEOs have a copy of Infinite Jest in their desks, but I cannot find the source of that stat at the moment, although it makes a lot of sense (if you've actually read the book).
>>
I took a creative nonfiction course with David Wallace at Ponoma back in '94. We weren't allowed to show anyone our essays outside of the class for some reason. He seemed naturally intelligent, didnt need to look at any notes or textbooks or prepare for any lectures, he just knew his stuff and was super casual.

I saw him talking to a girl on campus one day. He uncharacteristically wore a Fila sweatsuit, the kind that looks like it's made from the same material as parachutes, and trainer sneakers with a matching bandana. That was his pussy hunt outfit apparently. Several times a week, same outfit, I'd see him hitting on women in it. I once saw him wearing it while carrying an identical outfit from the dry cleaners, he had like 4 sets of same Fila sweatsuit.

I asked him about it in class and he said we aren't allowed to discuss anything unrelated to class while inside class, the same way we can't show anyone outside of class our essays. A student called out "but Dostoevsky isn't in this class and last week you talked about replicating his black tea obsession to test its affects on your own writing". Wallace stared blankly at the student with dead eyes for 30 seconds in dead silence then said "you just got knocked down a full letter grade. Any other smart asses? Didn't think so." and pushed up his glasses with his index finger.

I remember telling myself this guy will either be super successful or kill himself.
>>
why bother reading someone who couldn't even live with herself. the only sane moment in the life of Virginia Woolf was when she jumped into the river ouse. the rest of her life was a lie, her feminism was a joke whose punchline was the gasping bubbles from her drowning mouth. her literary career was a menagerie of self help lies told to keep her depression at bay. the female author pussy and drugs were the ghosts at that feast of hypocrisy. the depression was warranted because behind all the gimmicks and the self awareness she wasn't as talented as joyce.
>>
File: joyce.jpg (7KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
joyce.jpg
7KB, 222x227px
BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now.... BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite..... BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….
>>
>>9790443
Bump for this
>>
I will never not laugh at the greatly deserved ridicule of this hack fraud. Why bother reading someone who couldn't even live with himself? The only sincere moment in the life of David Foster Wallace was when he kicked away the chair. The rest of his life was a lie, the New "Sincerity" was a joke whose punchline was the creaking of a leather belt around the rafter.

His literary career was a menagerie of self help lies told to keep his depression at bay - the audience pussy and drugs were the ghosts at that feast of hypocrisy. The depression was warranted because behind all the gimmicks and the self awareness and the bandannas was no discernible talent.
>>
Tao Lin and Mira Gonzalez are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.
I'd venture to guess neither of them has felt a single sincere conviction about anything since childhood. They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture, satiating themselves on the perceived failures of others (i.e. "The Man") while adding nothing new to the discourse aside from ironic complaint.
They're a group of insecure, lost, rapidly aging burnouts who silently believe they could do a better job of making books than the professionals in the industry. Yet they lack the ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry they're obsessed with. They choose instead to fuck around and make collection of tweets piss-takes well into middle age.
They are awful, awful people. I've met thousands just like them, and the last thing we need is for these people to gain any attention for their navel gazing.
Please, /r/books do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely and pathetic road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.
I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.