[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck am I supposed to buy into the idea that pessimism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: LIGOTTI.jpg (6KB, 142x200px) Image search: [Google]
LIGOTTI.jpg
6KB, 142x200px
How the fuck am I supposed to buy into the idea that pessimism and anti-natalism is anything more than a bitter ideology pushed by men who can't get laid?

I mean if Chad pushed these ideas I might but them, but look at the type of males who are pushing it hardest:

>Thomas Ligotti
>Michel Houellebecq
>Leopardi
>Schopenhauer

They are all ugly fucking dudes. Why should I take them seriously?

Honestly what an answer here.
>>
>>9787158

Cioran is where ligotti steals from, and he was decent looking. Not handsome but he got laid for sure
>>
>>9787158
Schopenhauer and Houellebecq got truckloads of pussy.

Not sure about the other two.
>>
>>9787166
Schopenhauer didn't, remember the grape story?

Houellebecq boasts about visiting brothels etc, and sure he's had a wife and girlfriends, but 99% of guys who look like him are jerking their wieners in their mother's chateau right now.
>>
>>9787158
Mitchell Heisman

This Guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV_3Yn55_H4

Some guy you may have heard of called SCHOPENHAUER

The list goes on
>>
>>9787174
Mitchell Heisman was NOT an anti-natalist.

His own suicide was, as he admitted, an experiment in existential nihilism. Nothing less or more.
>>
>>9787178
Still he said everything humanity accomplished was stupid
>>
>>9787158
Houellebecq is an antinatalist tho?
>>
>>9787158
Shouldn't there ugliness reinforce the argument? Optimism might be easier if people weren't born ugly, born mentally/physically disabled, or just born dead.

Why would an author's good lucks increase the logic behind the argument for pessimism about reality?
>>
>>9787211
Yes

"How curious to procreate when one doesn't even enjoy life"

From one of his books.
>>
Sure is Friday in here.
>>
>>9787158
you don't

i unironically choose my books depending on how aesthetic the authors are

the exception is for philosophy, because they are actually working on stuff instead of expressing feels
>>
>>9787171
The grape story was when Schops was an old man. When he was young he got plenty, even had a secret baby mama.

Houellebecq might look like a goblin but he's also a public intellectual/artist which will get you plenty.
>>
>>9787289
I think you'll have to do better than one brief musing. All we know is he's reflecting on only the apparent absurdity of it, not that he's come to the conclusion its a moral duty not to do so. I much suspect he's too nihilistic to espouse that position.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.