[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hemingway's "Hills Like White Elephants" from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

HEMINGWAY BTFO
https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/hemingways-hills-like-white-elephants-from-the-the-girls-point-of-view
>>
>>9786229
>https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/hemingways-hills-like-white-elephants-from-the-the-girls-point-of-view

That was actually pretty funny, imo.

That being said, kinda just another instance of a millennial roastie getting buttblasted about old white male authors because it's easier to complain than produce something good.

Overall, I'm conflicted.
>>
>>9786229
The story demonstrates all the man's lesser qualities expressly through dialogue, which is the point. He doesn't talk about it because he's the one that's way more terrified and so he forces a decision onto her. It would make a beautiful audition scene for a pair of actors.

If they wrote it all Molly Bloom it'd be fun because that takes actual talent instead of just an amateur competance in deconstruction.
>>
>>9786229
That was a deeply resentful and ugly piece of writing
>>
Hills Like White Elephants is brilliant. Fuck that cheeky whore.
>>
File: Bugs...EasyOnTheCarrots.png (249KB, 248x459px) Image search: [Google]
Bugs...EasyOnTheCarrots.png
249KB, 248x459px
>>9786229
OP... easy on the feminism
>>
This is the worst thing I've read in a long while.
I guess if you can't have talent you can always try to be controversial.
>>
File: 1500670372665.jpg (70KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1500670372665.jpg
70KB, 1136x640px
>by Rachel (((Klein)))
Nobody was surprised.
>>
Why do women think stuff like this is funny?
>>
So based on the comments ITT (I'm not giving that link a view), this is some sort of attempt at giving a female perspective to the story even though the story is already very sympathetic to her problems? I don't understand.

Reminds me of that rewriting of The Stranger that got some fame for giving a voice to the dead Arab or something, but this sounds much much stupider than that.
>>
She was freaked out about having the abortion though.
>>
>>9788287
Abortions are fun, haven't you heard? They are GOOD. And cool! All your friends are getting abortions!
>>
>>9786229
>>9786783
Agreed. Literally began with an 'lol abortion' paragraph that could only be written by someone who feels nothing.
>>
>There’s no pleasing guys like him
The irony is lost on this dumb bitch
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.