[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

started reading IJ today. pic related (page 223) is the years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: chronology.png (373KB, 730x370px) Image search: [Google]
chronology.png
373KB, 730x370px
started reading IJ today. pic related (page 223) is the years in which the story happens, chronologically, from 2002 to 2010 (each chapter-title being 1 year)? so its a good idea to go to page 223 every new chapter to see the chronology, right?

*really sorry to make a whole thread for this, rip other thread
>>
If you want to. Tbh I didn't, only went back once in a while if I was curious. The only real important thing I found was always immediately reading the footnotes when they came up.
>>
you read 223 pages in a day?

yes that's the chronology spanning 2002-2010. i don't think you'll need it, it's always there for reference but it's pretty obvious approximately when something is happening most of the time. there are little teases and jumps in time but the main narrative progresses linearly.
>>
>>9783604
oh ok. no i didn't read 223, just the first few chapters, but I read somewhere this "tip" to check 223 every chapter

>>9783596
well aware of the footnotes, but thanks

well since the thread is up, any other tips/recommendations regarding IJ are welcome
>>
>>9783584
You shouldn't have skipped ahead if you did. It's at that point for a reason. If not, you shouldn't really have to refer to it all that often seeing as you're going to finish it in 4-5 days. There are a few scenes that you might have to flip back for. Most of the time it's pretty obvious when things take place in relation to other scenes/the book's main "present" (year of the depend adult undergarment).
>>
>tfw it's 2017 and there's still no Yushityu 2007 Mimetic Resolution Cartridge View Motherboard Easy to Install Upgrade for Infernatron/Interlace TP Systems for Home, Office, or Mobile
>>
>>9783631
Nevermind this poster. The book is meant to be read twice, but it's not worth reading twice. Refer to the chronology if you need to.
>>
>have many other books to read
>odd desire to re-read IJ
Do I do it, lads? Other options are: the rest of the meme trilogy, Jerusalem, Recognitions
>>
>>9784463
I've had the same feeling, so I read most of the last chapter again. Honestly, I think the book is a pointless mess. The first chapter of Pale King is better than anything in IJ, so I'd go with that. I've pretty much given up with Foster Wallace though. The guy is an oddball distraction who doesn't really contribute to the artform. He just figured out how to put a lot of shit together. His short stories are better.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.