[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about this book? Would you recommend any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170720-191938.png (597KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170720-191938.png
597KB, 1080x1920px
What do you guys think about this book? Would you recommend any others like it?

Politically I am completely neutral and just willing to learn.
>>
it's pretty good look at labor history and civil rights, although it doesn't cover any lgbt struggles and when asked why not howard zinn weakly answered "well i'm not gay so it never occurred to me to cover it" but he's not black and still covered civil rights, so what the fuck kind of excuse is that?
>>
File: Igorsvyat.jpg (689KB, 2478x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Igorsvyat.jpg
689KB, 2478x1300px
ur history is boring haha
>>
>>9783445
Start with the Greeks
>>
Sounds like a book that Reddit would praise.
>>
>>9783454
Thank god he didn't, no one wants to read that drivel.
>>
>>9783445
read it along with A History of the American People by Paul Johnson to balance things out
>>
Read Renegade History instead
>>
>>9783454
maybe LITERALLY GETTING FUCKED IN THE ASS is not comparable to racial discrimination or labor struggles
>>
>>9783454
please tell me this is bait.
If true, I'm going to start believing the SJW ,memes about the US.
Nothing against gays, but they represent a tiny minority of the population, and so heterogenous socially, economically and education-wise that it can hardly be considered a group, lest we consider the ginger experience part of the people's history.
Their experience is in no way constitutive of "the people"'s experience on the same level as color or labor issues, are
>>
>>9783471
There are few history books more reddit-tier.
>>
This thread is gay
>>9784781
[JARED DIAMOND INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>9783445
Haven't read it, but i've heard (from a leftist) that has an extremely left wing bias
>>
He literally just makes shit up to support his thesis (That white people should be wiped off the face of the Earth, or something) so of course it's a well-respected book.
>>
>>9783445
I just started on it and while I like it mostly, I yesterday happened upon this:

>European travelers in the sixteenth century >were impressed with the African kingdoms of >Timbuktu and Mali, already stable and >organized at a time when European states >were just beginning to develop into the modern nation.

and I honestly couldn't understand what the fuck he meant by that. It sounds as if those African Kingdoms were miracles of social order while Europe was a bunch of anarcho troublemakers.

I will go on with it to see how much of a propaganda piece it will be, but I certainly think one would want to have some counter balance while reading it.

Recommendations welcome.
>>
>>9784821
That's literal WE WUZ shit. Now imagine that level of research is the entire book. Are you really able to separate the outright bullshit from what's true?
>>
>>9784830
I doubt you read it. I thought it was an interesting take on American history from the point of view of the disenfranchised
>>
File: 17288742.jpg (28KB, 318x469px) Image search: [Google]
17288742.jpg
28KB, 318x469px
>>9783445
If you want marxist american history dripping with sour grapes there are way better works out there
>>
>>9784820
>>9785507
What if I want something less liberal and more right winged? What would you recommend?
>>
>>9786768
Atlas of World History - Patrick O'Brien.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.