[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What helps you stay focused and improves retention while reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: matrixsequel.jpg (70KB, 587x545px) Image search: [Google]
matrixsequel.jpg
70KB, 587x545px
What helps you stay focused and improves retention while reading?

I swear I get distracted with the weirdest shit while trying to focus on reading. Feel uncomfortable so constantly shifting, glasses feel funny or crooked so constantly adjusting.

Things that never annoy me when I play vidya or watch tv, I don't know what the hell is wrong with me.
>>
>>9782796
Same. I just smoke.
>that image
>super shitty movie
>>
>>9782796
Start making notes where you analyse the texts and the themes of the literature you're reading. Like written notes. Hand written.

Really get into it, and keep checking old notes in spare time to reminisce at how much of a retard you were when you wrote the notes initially and how much you've grown.
>>
>>9782830

>image

Picked it cause I read from my kindle and that's frequently a face I make in frustration.
>>
>>9782796
Get a really comfy pillow. Or a bean bag. Something you can flop into. Trust me. You flop onto something soft and you don't have to move for hours.
>>
>>9782796
Protein. Eat more eggs and lean meats OP. Also cut down on sugar and sodium.
>>
>>9782796
Being interested in what I'm reading. Being well rested. Self discipline.
>>
>>9782796
>that filename
kek
>>
>>9782796
Honestly, just power through. It will get better. Make sure you retain what you read. Become absorbed and it'll be easier, even if it requires re-reading the same passage until it sticks. It usually takes me half an hour to get into "the zone", but even then my performance needs improvement. I struggle, too. I'm slowly getting better the more I read.
>>
>>9783865
This works for me. Practice. Reading every day helps me get into the zone faster.
>>
>>9782796
eat me
>>
>>9782796
ADHD medication
>>
>>9782796
I just read when I can't sleep which is every night until I get tired which is never because I have insomnia, which would be fine if I didn't have to work.
>>
Reduce the amount of screen time, and let your body get used to the new dopamine baseline. After a while you will be able to read well with zero issues
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.