[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people pretend like this board hasn't gotten far

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1469254462105.jpg (21KB, 371x409px) Image search: [Google]
1469254462105.jpg
21KB, 371x409px
Why do people pretend like this board hasn't gotten far better over time?
https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S940023#p942357
>entry level starter kit lit
>pleb shit
>genre shit
>YA shit
>normie shit
You would be laughed out of any thread if you posted most of this shit today.
>>
all thats different is instead of endless kafka and camus threads we have endless youtube memes and off topic shit
>>
>>9782747
Bring back the kafka and camus, I say
>>
>>9782753

they'll be back in september when all the high schoolers get their assigned reading lists and come here to try to get us to do their homework for them
>>
>>9782736

That's actually a better recommendation list. It doesn't assume everyone wants to read literary fiction.

Also there's people there reading the surrealist manifestos and shit
>>
>>9782736
well that is a 2010 thread, so most of people on here were 13-18. Honestly not that bad considering that at the time most of 4chan was just a few boards and a decadent /b/
>>
>>9782762
Yeah, some incredible works on there such as I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell, The Dark Tower Book IV, and The End of Faith.
>>
that thread has more people who actually read than todays board which is full of literal pseuds who just "intellect signal" with bookshelf threads filled with this theyve never read, or skimmed at best
>>
>>9782794

see >>9782809

The board will have people reading garbage on it if it has people who actually read on it.

Most people on /lit/ read like one book a month and chit chat about philosophy and literary culture and post their shitty poems.
>>
>>9782736
>>9782736
That moron doesn't realize that ebooks are way smaller in page size because of the size of tablet screens.
>>
>>9782847
>one book a month
>this is a bad thing
>>
>>9784121
It's nothing. You really shouldn't be here at all if you read that little
>>
>>9782760
>high schoolers get their assigned reading lists
>kafka and camus
Which country are you from?
My high school didn't have any authors of that calibre nor did we have a reading list beyond 1 or 2 books and even those weren't read.
>>
>>9782736
>far better
is that what they call it?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.